The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) jointly administer the conduct of GATE Exam. The operations related to GATE in 8 zones all over India are managed by a Zonal GATE Office at IISc. or IITs. The Organizing Institute (OI) is responsible for the end-to-end process and coordination amongst the administering Institutes. The Organizing Institute for GATE 2016 was IISc Bangalore, for GATE 2017 was IIT Roorkee & for GATE 2018 is IIT Guwahati.
Pointers for GATE 2018
- Examinations for all papers would be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). The online exam will have Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Numerical Questions where answers are to be keyed in by the candidates using virtual keypad
- There is no age limit for GATE 2018
- GATE 2018 examinations will be conducted in selected cities and towns in India as well as in the following cities abroad: Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Dubai (UAE), Kathmandu (Nepal), and Singapore.
- GATE 2018 examinations are to be held on February 3 – 4, 2018 & February 10 – 11, 2018 (Saturdays and Sundays only)
- For GATE 2018 the entire process of filling up application form, uploading of certificates /documents etc. is online and the candidates need not send any hard copy of their application form/documents, etc. to any of the IIT/IISc zonal GATE office
- The payment of application fees is online through different modes like net banking or e-challan
- Candidates have to download their admit cards from GATE 2018 website
- GATE 2018 score is valid for 3 yrs from the date of Result Announcement
Important Dates for GATE 2018
|GATE 2018 Online Examination Dates:||February 3 – 4, 2018 & February 10 – 11, 2018 (Saturdays and Sundays only)|
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrollment, Application Filling, Application Submission||September 1, 2017 (Friday)|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website||October 5, 2017 (Thursday)|
|Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login||November 17, 2017 (Friday)|
|Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing||January 5, 2018 (Friday)|
|Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website||March 17, 2018 (Saturday)|
How to Apply for GATE 2018
All candidates have to apply ONLINE through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). Details of the non-refundable application fee are shown in table below -
|Women candidates / SC / ST / PwD category candidates||INR 750/-|
|All other candidates||INR 1500/-|
|GATE International Candidates - Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka & Kathmandu||US Dollars 50|
|Dubai & Singapore||US Dollars 100|
For GATE 2018, payments would have to be made through online by using net banking or e-challan facilities. Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the bank from where the money is being transferred. This charge will be specified on the payment portal.