CMAT stands for the Common Management Admissions Test. It is a national-level MBA admission test, conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), a national-level Apex Advisory Body which is vested with the statutory authority for technical education in India. Since its introduction in 2011, a lot of (erstwhile) very popular state entrance exams have stopped conducting their own tests and instead use CMAT as the basis of the selection process. The list would include the likes of RMAT, UPCET etc.
There are 3500+ AICTE approved B-schools which are expected to take CMAT scores, translating to availability of over 4 lakh seats for a CMAT test-taker.
CMAT will be conducted on January 20, 2018. It is a computer-based test(CBT).
The following is eligibility criteria for CMAT 2018 Examination
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Graduates in any discipline can apply for CMAT exam.
- Final year students of Graduate Courses (10+2+3) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for the academic year 2018-19 can also apply for CMAT online exam.
The following is list of some of the good B-Schools that accept CMAT score for admission into their Post-graduate program in Management:
- KJ Somaiya-Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management-Goa
- Great Lakes Institute of Management- Chennai
- MISB Bocconi-Mumbai
- IMT Nagpur