Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT University) has released the notification of VITEEE 2018 – VIT Engineering Entrance Examination – for the admission into the under graduate programmes for the academic year 2018-19.
Important Dates of VITEEE-2018:
- Application Filling, Creating Login credentials using email id and mobile number- 9th November 2017
- Last date for submission of application form – 15th March 2018
- Editing the Online Application – 15th March 2018
- Slot Booking (PCME/PCBE) and Hall ticket generation –in March 2018
- VITEEE-2018 – 04.04.2018 to 15.04.2018
- VITEEE-2018 Result - End of April 2018
- Cost of application form – Rs.1150 (online) and Rs.1200(off line)
How to apply:
Issue of Application Forms - Online
Candidates can also apply online at www.vit.ac.in the following mode :
- Net banking /Credit card/Debit card '1150/- (Inclusive of GST)
- Demand Draft mode-50USD for NRI candidates. The hard copy of the application form along with the demand draft has to be sent to the University. The online applicants need not send the hard copy of the application form to the University.
Issue of Application Forms – OMR
The Prospectus and the information brochure for the B.Tech programme, along with the necessary enclosures which include the Application Form and a printed self-addressed envelope, can be obtained against cash payment of `1200/- (Inclusive of GST) - from the various post offices as given in the VIT website.
Candidates can also obtain the application form in person from (i) VIT University, Vellore Campus (ii) VIT University, Chennai Campus (iii) VIT Bhopal and (iv) VIT AP by handing over a Demand Draft for `1200/- (Inclusive of GST) drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at the respective campuses.
Returning the Completed OMR Application:
The duly completed application form should be sent either by Registered Post or Speed Post in the self-addressed envelope provided by VIT, so as to reach the office on or before February 28, 2018.
e-Tracking / SMS
Once the application is received by VIT, a message will be sent through SMS to the candidates stating that their application has been received at VIT. Candidates may also track the status of their application by typing their application number in the VIT website. However, this feature can be availed only after 3 weeks of dispatch of their application. At the time of publication of the results, the rank will be intimated through SMS and it will also be made available on the VIT website.
The admit card will be generated for the completed application forms only. It can be downloaded from the VIT site and a copy will be emailed to the candidate.