PROBATIONARY Officers -
Interview - 1
No. of panelists: 4
Interview for: Common Interview for PO posts in PSBs (Based on June 2012 PO CWE)
1. What is the meaning of your name?
2. What are Basel II norms?
3. What is credit-worthiness?
4. What is Banking Ombudsman?
5. What is the population of India?
6. Which is the most literate state in India?
7. What is the application of Six Sigma? (Candidate was working on Six Sigma)
8. What are White ATMs?
Interview - 2 Andhra Bank
1. Tell me about yourself. 2. What are your hobbies? 3. Why do you have interest in such kind of hobbies? 4. Why do you want to join as PO, and not Law Officer? (The candidate is a law graduate) 5. What do you know about mortgage?
6. What are the types of mortgages?
7. What do you know about SARFAESI Act? Distinguish it from DRT Act?
8. Explain in brief Section 138 of Negotiable Instrument Act.
9. What is a White-labeled ATM?
10. What is the validity period of cheques?
11. Who decides the SB Account interest rate?
12. What is a Contract?
13. What is Indemnity?
14. What is Pledge?
15. What is CRR?
16. What is SLR?
17. What is the difference between Sale & Agreement to Sell?
18. What is a Garnishee Order?
19. What is the difference between a check and demand draft?
20. Is demand draft a negotiable instrument?
21. What is current ratio?
22. What is refinancing?
23. What is ombudsman?
Interview - 3 Bank of India 1. Hi, Anjith! You have done your MBA. What was your specialization?
2. What are you doing now? (Working at Terumo Penpol, one of Asia’s largest BB manufacturers.)
3. What product is BB? (BB is Blood Bag)
4. Ok, Anjith, we are looking for a person who is well-informed about the banking sector, possesses managerial skills and leadership qualities. Can you tell us how you are suitable for the post?
5. How long did you work for T.I.M.E. Private Limited? (Four months)
6. What subject you were teaching at T.I.M.E.? (Sir, I was not teaching; I was part of the Marketing team.)
7. What were you exactly doing at T.I.M.E.?
8. How did you promote marketing and advertising for T.I.M.E.?
9. What are your achievements at T.I.M.E.?
10. What is a balance sheet?
11. Did you see our bank’s Balance Sheet?
12. We publish it every quarter and the least you can do is to check it before appearing for a bank interview. (Sorry, Sir, I will definitely do it in future.)
13. What is GDP?
14. In which bank do you have an account? (I maintain an account with the Union Bank of India.)
15. Oh… You are our customer too. Good. Which branch?
16. What do you feel about our service? (Good, Sir! The main thing which attracted me is the ambience of your branch, which I liked very much.)
17. Do you use our bank’s internet banking facility? (Sir, I use it only for online payments and ticket booking.)
18. Anjith, what is a cheque?
19. What is a bank draft?
20. What is the difference between a cheque and a bank draft? (I gave a wrong answer as I compared a demand draft with a bank draft.)
21. The panel helped me by showing my fee challan and told me that it was a DD. (Ok, Sir. In case of a DD, we pay first while in a cheque’s case, we are authorizing to pay the amount to the bearer from an account.)
Ok, Anjith! All the best!
Interview - 4 Bank of India 1. Tell us about yourself. 2. Why do you want to work for our bank?
3. How you will contribute to us?
4. What you will do as manager?
5. How you will increase our business?
6. What is project management?
7. Where are contingent liabilities put in balance sheet?
8. How you will motivate our staff?
9. If given outside posting?
10. What is CIBIL?
11. Tell us about CERSAI and the data it actually contains.
12. How will you handle a customer if you are sent for loan recovery?
13. Name our competitors.
14. Why do you want to work for a government bank and not for a private bank?
Interview - 5 Union Bank of India 1. What are derivatives? 2. What is the difference between futures and options? 3. What is strategic management?
4. What were your subjects in MBA?
5. What is corporate governance?
6. What is foreign capital reserve?
7. What is Basel I?
8. Tell us something about Basel II.
9. What about Basel III?
10. What is CIBIL?
11. What is CERSAI?
12. What are the various financial ratios?
13. Who are our bank's major competitors?
Interview - 6
Dena Bank (Specialist Officer – Credit / FA)
No. of panelists: 3
Duration: 10 minutes
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. What is a firewall?
3. What is a proxy server?
4. What is Current Ratio?
5. What is Debt Equity Ratio? From banker's point of view, should it be higher or lower?
6. What is your current profile and how will it be helpful to the bank?7. What is the best thing about your current boss and what do you