Oracle is the first software company to develop and deploy 100 percent internet-enabled enterprise software across its entire product line: database, business applications, application development and decision support tools. Oracle technology can be found in nearly every industry around the world and in the offices of 98 of the Fortune 100 companies. Oracle is the world's leading supplier of software for information management, and the world's second largest independent software company.
It was one of the first companies to make its business applications available through the internet- today, that idea is pervasive. Oracle's business is information—how to manage it, use it, share it and protect it. For nearly three decades, Oracle, the world's largest enterprise software company, has provided software and services that let organizations get the most up-to-date and accurate information from their business systems. Today, India is Oracle's fifth-largest market in Asia Pacific in terms of revenue, up from tenth a few years ago, and boasts the largest research and development investment outside the U.S.
The 2005 combination of Oracle and People Soft marks a major turning point in the evolution of the software industry. The combined companies are now positioned to deliver a more competitive offering in the enterprise applications market and increase innovation with a larger applications R&D budget.
Hardware and Software, Engineered to Work Together
Adhering to three principles, Oracle has so far saved more than US$1 billion in operating costs. With these principles, which are incorporated into the design of our software, we have coordinated and streamlined all our business processes worldwide.
- Simplify, Standardize and Automate
- We believe that our customers get more from their information by using Oracle's software and services and applying these principles. Our customers have already improved their ability to use information and IT as strategic assets and are now able to share data and processes, measure results for continuous improvement, align stakeholders and communicate a single truth to all their constituents.
wenty-six years ago, Larry Ellison saw an opportunity other companies missed when he came across a description of a working prototype for a relational database and discovered that no company had committed to commercializing the technology. Ellison and his co-founders, Bob Miner and Ed Oates, realized there was tremendous business potential in the relational database model-but they may not have realized that they would change the face of business computing forever.
- Today Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL) is still at the head of the pack. Oracle technology can be found in nearly every industry around the world and in the offices of 98 of the Fortune 100 companies.
Africa , Asia Pacific, Europe , Latin America , Middle East and North America
Chairman : Jeffrey O. Henley
- CEO : Lawrence J Ellison
- President : Safra A Catz and Mark Hurd
No. of employees
1,15,166 (inclusive of 34,000 developers & engineers, 18000 support personnel, 18000 consulting expert)
Key milestones of Oracle
2012 : announces the acquisition of social marketer Involver.
- 2005 : Oracle announces its purchase of Siebel Systems, a producer of CRM technologies and a provider of business intelligence software, for $5.8 billion.
- 2004 : Oracle 10g is released (g stands for Grid)
- 1987 : Started distributorship through TCS
- 1993 : Oracle India Private Ltd was formed
- 1994 : opened its India Development Center (IDC) in Bangalore .
Financial performance indicators
Revenue: $37.1 billion USD(2012)
- Operating Income: $ 13.7 billion USD (2012)
- Net income: $10.0 billion USD (2012)
Application server, Collaboration suite, Database Applications, Development tools, Enterprise Manager
Oracle application Development Business Integration Business Intelligence Corporate Governance Customer Relationship Management Supply Chain Management Real Estate Management Enterprise Portals Lean Manufacturing
Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Chemicals, Communication Education, Consumer Products, Healthcare, Travel and Tourism, Oil & Gas, High Technology, Engineering & Construction, Financial Services, Utilities, Home Security, Life Sciences
Number of Customers
3,90,000 customers worldwide
- 3,08,000 Oracle database customers
- 1,14,000 Oracle Fusion Middle ware customers
- 80,000 Oracle Applications customers
- 48,000 Oracle hardware customers
- More than 2,90,000 midsize customers
Major clients in India
Ashok Leyland, Tata tele services, Canon, National Panasonic, Kelloggs, iFlex Solutions Ltd., Infosys, Satyam, Sonata, Tata Consultancy Services and Wipro.
Looking for a career that will let you work with the brightest minds in the industry? Want to be part of a global team that's changing the way the world does business? Consider Oracle Corporation.
- The world's leading supplier of information management software, is found in nearly every industry around the world and in 98 of the Fortune 100 companies. More than a lakh of Oracle professionals, working in more than 100 countries around the world, are dedicated to creating enterprise software that solves customers' problems.
India Localization is a solution built over Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle's e-business applications software product, that provides Clients in India with the most comprehensive solution to comply with the India specific tax requirements as specified by Central Excise, Customs, Sales Tax and VAT, and Income Tax, (to the extent of tax deduction at source and generation of Depreciation Schedule for fixed assets).
- Oracle Direct conducts direct Web-based sales by using technology, applications and services to meet specific customers’ requirements in different geographies. Oracle University in India offers certified Oracle courses across Oracle technology and applications.
Block 1, DLF Corporate Park DLF City, Phase 3 Mehrauli - Gurgaon Road Gurgaon, Haryana - 122002 Phone +91 124 2549250/2549260 Fax +91 124 2549270/2549280