Polaris Software is a leading global provider of financial Technology Solutions and offshore IT Services. Polaris domain expertise in the Financial Technology space stems from its 18-year old relationship with Citibank and its singular focus on the financial services industry. Solutions developed, deployed and supported by Polaris service over 10 million Citibank customers in 70 countries across the world. The blend of industry-leading products, domain knowledge, project management skills and extensive experience has helped Polaris deliver complete solutions that can help organizations improve quality of service while building customer loyalty. Some of the most successful financial services firms have partnered with Polaris to optimize their technology investment, saving millions of dollars over the course of the relationship.
Polaris has undertaken over 2000 successful projects and has over 25,000 person years of experience in managing projects with some of the most respected names worldwide in the areas of consulting, turnkey project management, systems integration and customized software development.
Polaris’ product suite offers comprehensive solutions that can be seamlessly integrated into the existing systems and technologies of any financial institutions. Polaris offer solutions for all domains - corporate banking, retail banking, trade finance, credit/risk management, cash management, treasury management, lending, investments and securities mutual funds, credit cards and insurance.
Polaris’ Outsourcing models are flexible, with an appropriate solution for every customer at any evolutionary stage of offshore development. Its physical and information security practices meet the stringent security standards of the world’s top financial firms like Citigroup and AIG.
Corporate slogan/punch line
Live your dream
Polaris is the world’s first CMMi Level 5 company.
- Create the environment to attain personal mastery to push new frontiers
- Unleash the collective knowledge potential
- Achieve global stature by helping customers win in their market place
- Grow the value of Polaris every year
- Anchor the family and its aspirations
- Impact the society at large
- Rooted in Polaris Values – Passion, Humility, Integrity, Respect, FUN - ‘PHIR FUN
“To be a reliable and responsive Techno-Business Solution partner and provide cost-effective, timely solution, meeting customer expectation through continuous process improvement and Win-Win relationships in the Banking, Financial Services and Insurance space”
Corporate headquarters : Chennai, India
- US headquarters : Jersey/Fremont, CA
- Worldwide offices : , Bahrain, France, Germany, Hongkong, Ireland, Japan, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Singapore, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States and Canada
Arun Jain, Chairman & Managing Director, Arup Gupta, COO
No. of employees
Financial performance indicators
Net Revenue Rs 2049 crores (year 2011-2012)
- Net Worth: Rs 1215 crores (year 2011-2012)
1983-International Information Systems, Delhi
- 1986- Nucleus Software Workshop Pvt. Ltd Madras
- 1986-First ENTITY with Citi India initiated
- 1993- Polaris Software Lab Ltd Incorporated
- 1995- Quality processes aligned to SEI CMM Level 3
- 1997- First Offshore Development Center commissioned for Citibank , LA
- 1997- Wholly-owned subsidiaries formed in US and Singapore
- 1998- Wholly-owned Subsidiary in UK
- 1998- Quality Processes aligned to SEI CMM Level 4
- 1998- Quality Processes ISO 9001 Certified
- 1998- Polaris Retail Infotech Ltd. formed in Chennai
- 1999- IPO and listing in major bourses
- 2000- State of the Art Development Facility operational at Chennai , India
- 2000- Wholly-owned subsidiary in Germany
- 2001- Wholly-owned subsidiaries in Switzerland and Ireland
- 2001- Polaris becomes the World's First CMMi Level 5 Company
- 2002-Commences operations in Japan and Hong Kong
- 2002-Polaris among top 25 employers in India
- Business Continuity Center in Singapore operational
- 2002- Merger with Orbitech
- 2004- BS7799 Ce rtified
- 2004: Exclusive 300 associate Center of Excellence facility in Mumbai for Financial Risk Management (FRM)
- 2004: Launched Polaris Intellect Suite of products for banking solution
- 2004: Set up 111,700 sq ft Intellect Engineering Center spread over eight acres in Chennai
- 2005- Launch of Diploma Program in Financial Technology with IFMR Incorporation of Subsidiary in Canada
- 2006- Polaris Software enters Belfast
- 2007: 2nd Year in a row - Global Leader in the Specialty Application Development. Near-shore Testing Center at Canada
- 2008: Polaris' 'Ullas Trust' wins the the Best CSR Practice Awards presented by BSE-NASSCOM-Times Foundation
- 2009: Lays the foundation stone for its Centre of Excellence for Insurance in Chennai, India
- 2010: Launched Intellect GUB M 180, the most comprehensive enterprise banking solution
Areas of consulting, turnkey project management, systems integration and customized software development
As Polaris puts it
- Its one where…
- You TRUST the people you work for,
- have PRIDE in what you do
- and ENJOY the people you work with
- Konark Movement
- In most organizations, the strategic leadership are located in the top-most echelons of the management. But in Polaris, this paradigm as been completely challenged by fostering leadership capabilities across all levels through the Konark movement.
- Konarks are group of selected associates in Polaris who have displayed exemplary performance on a consistent basis, are highly motivated and are committed towards the growth of the organization. They are the Role models and are collaborative intrapreneurs who will create path-breaking successes both for themselves as well as for the organization.
- A Specially focussed developmental program has been conceptualized and delivered for the Konarks. Typically they are done in the areas of role modelling, transformational leadership and principle-centred leadership. The expectations out of Konarks are clearly articulated through this session.
- Currently there are 293 Konarks
- Polaris believes that the best talents are discovered from campuses. The recruits go through an intensive 4-week induction program, conceptualized and put together by Nalanda, our corporate university.
- Conceptualised and put together by the Nalanda Team, the intensive Four-week Induction programme provided by the university provides campus recruits the necessary wherewithal to make the transition to through bred software engineers. The induction programme introduces them to various Polaris processes, Software development methodologies
Polaris Software Lab Ltd., 'Foundation' 34, IT Highway Navalur Chennai- 603 103 India Phone: +91-4114-235001 Fax: +91-4114-235166
Passion for excellence in people practices is primarily fuelled by our belief in the power of people ware. Our People Practices are constantly geared towards providing our associates with terrific work environment, unlimited scope for personal growth, tremendous learning opportunities, opportunity to work in cutting edge technologies, empowerment to charter their own careers, and excellent rewards.
- Lakshya Movement
- Polaris prides itself, as a Lakshya-driven organization. Lakshya is a goal setting process. The most remarkable feature is that all associates of Polaris are involved in this process. Every year, from the past 5 years, teams across the organization come together for brainstorming sessions and contribute to the refinement of growth strategies
- Lakshya happens in three stages: pre-Lakshya, Lakshya and post-Lakshya
- Pre-Lakshya - CEO and Business Leadership Team.
- Lakshya - Konarks,Top Management participation and Leading Management Consultants are invited. Pre-Lakshya inputs are carried to this meet.
- Post-Lakshya- Its all about communicating the vision back to the people.It completes the Process of Bottom-Up self-examination.
- The company’s social responsibilities transgresses boundaries and geographies and has put in its bit to help the less advantaged with the Ullas Trust.
- This is a trust floated and fully managed by the associates of Polaris for mentoring economically underprivileged school children. Each Polarite mentors a deserving school student from economically backward sections, by acting as a role model and also by providing 40% of the scholarship amount. Rest is contributed by the Organization.
- Polaris software acclaimed as “Mother Theresa Corporate Citizen of the year”
- Polaris has been recognized as one of the top 25 best employers in the country. This award has come in a joint and exclusive study done by "Hewitt Associates" and "Business Today”.