Wipro Technologies is the world's first PCMM Level 5, SEI CMM Level 5 and CMMiLevel 5 certified IT Services company. They provide comprehensive IT solutions and services, including Systems Integration, Information Systems Outsourcing, Package Implementation, Software Application Development & Maintenance, and Research & Development services to corporations globally.
Wipro Technologies is the global technology services division of Wipro Ltd. With over two decades of IT experience, Wipro has pioneered the offshore delivery model. Combining extensive capabilities in technology with deep domain expertise, Wipro delivers seamless solutions that bring tangible business value to leading organizations around the world. Wipro is differentiated by their full-service portfolio that allows them to address diverse customer needs and deliver an integrated,one-stop solution
Corporate slogan/ Punch line
- Applying thought
- Business Leadership:- Among the top 10 Information Technology Services companies globally and # 1 Information Technology company in India .
- Customer Leadership:- The #1 choice of the customer through innovative solutions and Six Sigma processes.
- People Leadership:- Among the top 10 most preferred employers globally by creating an environment of empowerment, intellectual challenge and wealth sharing.
- Brand Leadership:- Wipro Brand to be among the top 5 most admired brands in India .
Chairman : AzimH Premji
No. of employees
- 1,40,569 (Year 2012)
Stock Exchange Listings
- Listed at NYSE(WIT)-Part of TMT[ Technology Media-Telecom] Index of the NewYork Stock Exchange
- Revenue of US $ 7.3 billion in combined IT businesses (FY 2012)
- Wipro’s client base includes over 140 are Fortune 1000 or Global 500 companies, over 100 leading Indian corporates
- Operations in 57 countries including 10 nearshore development centersin China, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and USA
- 1980 : Diversification into Information Technology
- 1990 : Incorporation of Wipro-GE medical systems
- 1992 : Going global with global IT services division
- 1993 : Business innovation award for offshore development
- 1995 : Wipro gets ISO 9001 quality certification, re-certified twice for mature processes
- 1997 : Wipro gets SEI CMM level 3 certification, enterprise wide processes defined
- 1998 : Wipro first software services company in the world to get SEI CMM level 5
- 1999 : Wipro's market capitalization is the highest in India
- 2000 : Start of the Six Sigma initiative, defects prevention practices initiated at project level
- 2001 : First Indian company to achieve the "TL9000 certification" for industry specific quality standards
- 2001 : World's first PCMM Level 5 company
- 2001 : Ranked 87 among 100 best performing technology companies globally (BusinessWeek, June 2001)
- 2002 : World’s first CMMi ver 1.1 Level 5 company
- 2002 : Ranked the 7th software services company in the world by BusinessWeek (Infotech 100, November 2002)
- 2004 : Crossed the $1 Billion mark in annualized revenues
- 2005 : Becomes a$2billion company
- 2006 : Becomes the world's largest R&D service provider
- 2006 : Acquires Quanctech, a mechanical engineering design provider
- 2006 : Joint venture company WMNetServ with Motorola
- 2006 : Net profit for July, August and September rises 48% to $152m (£81m)
- 2007 : Revenues reach $3.5billion
- 2007 : Becomes SOX Compliant.
- 2007 : Wipro-Biomed Division sold to Ranbaxy Fine Chemicals
- 2007 : Wipro opens development center in Monterrey, Mexico
- 2007 : Signs agreement for acquiring Infocrossing
- 2009: Wipro's website, www.wipro.com, received the Web Award from Web Marketing Association for 'Outstanding Achievement in Web Development'.
- 2010: Presented with the 2010 Global Impact Award from Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce for success in job creation and positive impact on Atlanta's economy in 2009.
- 2011: Ranked 23rd in the Top Companies for Leaders’ global list announced by Aon Hewitt, The RBL Group and Fortune.
- 2012: Wipro ranked No 2 in the Global 500 listing of Newsweek's Green Company Rankings 2012.
- 2012: Wipro is the winner in the category "The Business Impactors", at the NASSCOM Exemplary Talent (NExT) Practices Awards 2012
Financial performance indicators
- Revenue:$7.3 billion USD (FY 2012)
- Operating income:$1.19 billion USD (FY 2012)
- Magneti Marelli, Epson, ABN Amro, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, Sun Microsystems, Washington Mutual Bank, Dubai Government, Central Board of Excise and Customs, Government of India, General Motors, Compaq, Cisco, Fujitsu, Lucent, NEC
- Corporate Office:
Doddakannelli Sarjapur Road
Bangalore - 560 035
- Phone: +91 (80) 28440011
- Fax: +91 (80) 28440256
- Wipro Spectra mind [now renamed as Wipro BPO ], India 's largest third party BPO services provider, employs over 10000 associates who help customers improve performance and optimize cost of ownership. Portfolio includes airline services, supply chain services, transaction processing, healthcare services and finance/accounting services.