Analog Devices...the Fastest Growing DSP Supplier
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) is the world leader in the design, manufacturing, and marketing of high-performance analog, mixed-signal, and digital signal processing (DSP) integrated circuits (ICs) used in signal-processing applications. Nearly half of Analog's revenues come from the communications market, including products for wireless applications and high-speed access to the Internet.
The company is headquartered near Boston, Massachusetts (USA). Manufacturing facilities are located in Massachusetts, California, North Carolina, Ireland, the Philippines, and Taiwan. Analog Devices employs approximately 8,200 people worldwide, with an annual revenue of more than US $2 billion.
Analog Devices India Product Development Center (IPDC) located in Bangalore is responsible for all IC development for the SHARC family of 32 bit DSPs. During the first 5 years, IPDC has developed 3 DSP chips including the highly successful world's first 200 MFLOP SHARC 32 bit DSP priced at $10. About 2 years ago, we started a DSP software development team specializing in video/image processing algorithms for the BlackFin DSP. Other recent initiatives include the start of a mixed signal design team and a DSP apps engineering team.
Hyderabad Design Center (HDC) is located at Hyderabad, capital city of the state of Andhra Pradesh in India. HDC's primary focus is technology developments for DSP & Systems division of Analog Devices. At present HDC contributes to MPSG-NMP, RF & Wireless and HSNA product lines of this division.
- China, India, Ireland, Japan, Russia, UK
- Jerald G Fishman,CEO & Director Ray Stata, Chairman of the Board
No. of employees
- 9200 (year 2011)
- Revenue: $ 3 billion (FY 2011)
- Operating Income: $ 1.07 billion (FY 2011)
- Total Assets: $ 4.4 billion (FY 2011)
- Analog Devices is committed to the establishment and continuous improvement of world class systems and processes aimed at satisfying our customers' evolving needs.
- We embrace a Total Quality philosophy with an emphasis on prevention rather than detection. We focus on technology, quality, reliability, service and costs in order to make innovative solutions available to our customers at minimized total costs. Careers "At Analog Devices, we view business as a human process, the ultimate goal of which is to satisfy the needs and aspirations of the people associated with the firm."
- 2004: ADI reached a customer base of 60,000 and its portfolio included over 10,000 products
- 2000: ADI’s sales grew by over 75% to $2.578 Billion and the company acquired five companies.
- 1996: The company reported over $1 billion in company revenue. That same year, Jerald Fishman was named President and CEO, a position he still holds today.
- 1990: Analog Devices acquired Precision Monolithics Inc.
- 1973: the company was the first to launch laser trim wafers and the first CMOS digital-to-analog converter
- 1969: Analog Devices filed an initial public offering and became a publicly traded company. Ten years later, the company was listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- 1965: The company was founded. The same year, the company released its first product, the model 101 op amp.
- Fortune's 24th annual list of America's Most Admired Companies
- Ranked fifth in the semiconductor industry for 2006.
- At ADI, we go to great lengths to create an entrepreneurial culture in which each employee's capabilities can be maximized:
- We place great value on individual judgment.
- We allow our employees the freedom to explore new ideas and the autonomy to determine how to best achieve business goals and objectives.
- We emphasize professional development and mentoring.
- Above all, we recognize that the personal goals of our employees and the company's goals are closely related and must support each other.
- We believe that work should be exciting and meaningful. We encourage initiative and creativity, and we actively support the free exchange of ideas. A career with ADI means taking part in innovation and being challenged to achieve, as well as the opportunity to work with other talented people, using state-of-the art processes and equipment. Contact Email through website only.