NDA (National Defence Academy) is a premier institute that trains the cadets (candidates) to get selected for Indian Armed Forces (Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy) as officers. Candidates may approach the academy by qualifying a national level entrance examination (NDA 2018) which is organized by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). The examination is conducted two times in a year. NDA (I) 2018 will be organized on 22nd April, 2018 and NDA (II) 2018 will be organized on 9th September, 2018.
|Events||Dates (NDA I)||Dates (NDA II)|
|Notification release||10th January 2018||6th June 2018|
|Application form release||10th January 2018||6th June 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form||5th February 2018||2nd July 2018|
|Admit card release||one or two weeks before exam||one or two weeks before exam|
|Exam date||22nd April 2018||9th September 2018|
|Result declaration||May 2018||Oct 2018|
NDA Exam Pattern
- Sections: The NDA entrance examination will be asked in two subsequent sections; written test and intelligence & personality test.
- Type of Questions: The question paper of written test will contain objective type questions and sectioned in code 1 & 2.
- Marks for Code 1: Code 1 will comprise of Mathematics questions of 300 marks while code 2 will comprise of general ability questions of 600 marks.
- Marks for Code 2: Code 2 will be divided in 2 sections as A & B. Section A will cover Math of 200 marks while section B will cover general knowledge of 400 marks.
- Language: The paper will be of both language Hindi & English.
- Answering Method: Each question will have four optional answer candidates have to choose the right one only.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking for incorrect response given by candidates in the objective type questions.
- Candidates use only black ball pen to mark answers
- Subjects: The NDA exam paper will be consisted of two parts i.e. Mathematics and General Ability Test.
- Mode of Exam: The paper will be held through offline mode.