IIM Calcutta has successfully completed its final placement process for their 2015-17 PGP batch. A total of 474 offers were made to students of this premier B-school.
The entire batch successfully got placed in just 3 days!
The highest domestic package was whopping Rs 70 lakh per annum. A point to keep in mind is that this job offer is for working in India and not abroad.
Prominent recruiters across various domains
- The finance sector continued to churn out maximum number of offers at IIM Calcutta. Top finance sector companies which participated included Avendus, Edelweiss, Goldman Sachs, and HSBC.
- The Consulting domain emerged as the second highest recruiter contributing to 22 per cent of the total offers. Prominent recruiters in this domain included Accenture, AT Kearney, Bain, BCG and McKinsey.
- General management firms also recruited in big numbers this year and 15% offers were made in this sector by top firms like ABG, CK Birla, TAS etc.
- Sales and marketing roles contributed to 12% of the total offers, predominantly made by firms like HUL, ITC, P&G, Reckitt Benckiser etc.
- E-Commerce and IT firms contributed to 14 per cent of the total offers and companies like Amazon, Wipro etc hired in big numbers.