About JEE Advanced
IITs - Admission
RANK LISTS (As per JEE (Advanced) 2018 Brochure)
- Only candidates who appear in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be considered for ranking.
- The marks obtained by a candidate in Physics in JEE (Advanced) 2018 will be equal to the marks scored in Physics part of Paper 1 plus the marks scored in Physics part of Paper 2. Marks obtained in Chemistry and Mathematics will be calculated in the same way.
- The aggregate mark obtained by a candidate in JEE (Advanced) 2018 is the sum of the marks awarded to him/her in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Rank lists are prepared based on the aggregate marks in JEE (Advanced) 2018.
- If the aggregate mark scored by two or more candidates are the same, then the following tie-break policy will be used for awarding ranks
- Higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Mathematics. If this does not break the tie, higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Physics. If there is a tie even after this, candidates will be assigned the same rank.
- Rank lists for preparatory courses will be prepared for SC, ST, and PwD candidates in all categories who satisfy the prescribed relaxed criteria given below.
- A candidate who qualifies in more than one category will be considered in all the categories to which he/she belongs for the purpose of ranking.
- There will be no waiting list for ranking.
- Only candidates who score the minimum prescribed marks in each subject and in aggregate will be included in the rank list. The minimum prescribed mark varies with the category as shown in the following table.
Rank List Minimum % of marks in each subject Minimum % of aggregate marks Common rank list (CRL) 10 35 OBC-NCL rank list 9 31.5 SC rank list 5 17.5 ST rank list 5 17.5 Common-PwD rank list (CRL-PwD) 5 17.5 OBC-NCL-PwD rank list 5 17.5 SC-PwD rank list 5 17.5 ST-PwD rank list 5 17.5 Preparatory course rank lists 2.5 8.75
- The seats across IITs, NITs, IIITs and other Govt. Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs) will be allocated by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA). All the candidates who are eligible for admission will have to participate in the joint seat allocation process by filling in their choices of the courses.