Eligibility criteria for Admission:
Marks in NEET:
General Category - A candidate has to obtain minimum of marks at 50th percentile in NEET
SC/ST/OBC - the minimum marks would be at 40th percentile.
GEN PH - the minimum marks would be at 45th percentile
SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH - the minimum marks would be at 40th percentile
Marks in qualifying exam as prescribed
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats.
- Candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K are NOT ELIGIBLE for 15% all India quota seats as these States had opted out of All India Scheme since its inception. However, candidates from these States can appear in NEET (UG) for admission to Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University and Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune subject to the fulfilment of eligibility conditions.
Eligibility for seats under the control of States/Universities/Institutions/ AFMC/Central pool Quota
In case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks in the NEET (UG) - 2017, the inter-se-merit of such candidates shall be determined in order of preference as follows:
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology (Botany & Zoology) in the Test..
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Chemistry in the Test..
- Candidates with less number of attempted wrong answers in all the subjects in the Test..
- Candidates older in age to be preferred.
Merit List for Counselling under 15% All India Quota:
The merit list of the eligible and successful Candidates will be prepared by the CBSE on the basis of score obtained in the NEET (UG) - 2017. The merit list will be equal to the number of seats available for allotment in MBBS/BDS courses under 15% All India Quota. There shall also be a waiting list equal to 4 times of the merit list or so if required by DGHS. The list of successful candidates (Merit List/Waiting List) shall be forwarded to the Directorate General of Health Services (Medical Examination Cell), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India for the purpose of allotment of seats by Online Counselling to 15% All India Quota Seats.
Merit List for seats other than 15% All India Quota
- CBSE will provide All India Rank. Result will be given to the DGHS, Ministry of Health and Family welfare, Govt of India to provide the same to the Admitting Authorities.
- Admitting Authorities will invite applications for Counselling and merit list shall be drawn based on All India Rank by the Admitting Authorities subject to their applicable rules.
Counselling for seats under 15% All India Quota:
Online counselling would be conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee of the Directorate General of Health Services.
Counselling and admission other than 15% All India Seats
Candidates wishing to apply for admission in State Medical Colleges/Universities/Institutions using merit list of NEET - 2017 shall follow the instructions of the State Government and/or authorities of the medical/dental colleges/Institution/University concerned for counselling.