Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry (JIPMER) under Government of India since the year 1956, is one of the leading Medical Institutions of India. Spread over a sprawling 195 acre campus in an urban locale of Puducherry (formerly Pondicherry), JIPMER is 170 kms. by road from Chennai. JIPMER has been declared as an “Institution of National Importance” by an Act of Parliament, JIPMER, Puducherry.
JIPMER has started its JIPMER Karaikal, from the academic session 2015-16 with yearly intake of 50 students. Karaikal is located about 150 km south of Puducherry city.
Entrance Examination will be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online] only. The examination shall be held on Sunday, 04th JUNE, 2017. The duration of the examination shall be 2½ hours (Two hours and Thirty minutes).
What does T.I.M.E. offer?
T.I.M.E. runs a very effective and comprehensive Crash program for NEET. As per of the NEET Crash program, students receive two Model exam papers for JIPMER.
An additional 5 Mocks, unit test papers in English and Logical Reasoning is offered as separate package by our TN centres.
|On-line Registration||27.03.2017 - 03.05.2017|
|Download of Hall Ticket||22.05.2017 - 04.06.2017|
|Date & Time of Entrance Examination||04.06.2017 (Sunday)|
|Expected date of publication of Merit List||On or before 19.06.2017|
|1st Counselling||27th to 30th June, 2017|
|2nd Counselling||19th July, 2017|
|3rd Counselling||23rd August, 2017|
No. of seats in MBBS:
Common Entrance Examination for 200 Seats (150 seats at JIPMER, Puducherry + 50 seats at JIPMER, Karaikal).
VERTICAL RESERVATION (* Reservation for Puducherry Candiadtes)
|Category||JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal||TOTAL|
HORIZONTAL RESERVATION FOR ORTHOPEDICALLY HANDICAPPED
|OPH||JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal||TOTAL|
|P – OPH*||1||-||1|
The number and distribution of seats may vary depending upon the periodic directives / decisions from Competent Authorities.
The Online (CBT) Entrance Examination will be conducted in two shifts:
- Morning Shift / First shift : 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Afternoon Shift / Second shift : 03:00 PM to 05:30 PM
The question paper will be in English only. 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with a maximum score of 200 marks, with single best response. Each Correct response will earn four marks. No Negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Physics - 60 MCQs
- Chemistry – 60 MCQs
- Biology - 60 MCQs
- English language and Comprehension – 10 MCQs
- Logical and Quantitative Reasoning – 10 MCQs
Syllabus - as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards.
- The Applicant should be an Indian National.
- He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2017, the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S (Request for relaxation from the prescribed age limit will not be considered for any category of applicants).
- The applicants should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below:
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology at the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination. For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes / OPH the marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology taken together in the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination is 40%.
- For OPH candidates in general category the minimum marks taken together in the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination will be 45%
Since JIPMER 2017 would be conducted in 2 sessions, a normalization procedure is being adopted as decided by experts. This procedure would be arrived at after analyzing the past MBBS entrance tests of JIPMER. This would be used to determine interse merit/ranking during counselling.
Percentile scores would be the normalized scores for this exam. Percentile scores would be calculated to seven decimal places in order to avoid bunching of ranks.
The percentile scores of the applicants of both the sessions would be merged and arranged and a common merit list would be made.
Minimum percentile cut off to be considered for admission to the Institute and for the names to be included in the merit list
- General candidates – 50 percentile
- General OPH candidates – 45 percentile
- Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Other Backward Classes - 40 percentile
In case of a tie:
In the case of two or more candidates securing equal percentile scores of the total raw scores in the entrance examination their inter se merit shall be determined as follows: Higher percentile and higher ranking in the order of areas
- Logic and Quantitative Reasoning
- English and Comprehension
- If the tie is still not broken, then a candidate elder in age will be ranked higher.
General (UR) / OBC / NRI / OCI : 1000/-
SC/ST/OPH : 800/-
Transaction Charges as applicable for both categories.
Mode of payment : Only through Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card.