HPNET or HP-NLET is the law entrance test administered by Himachal Pradesh National Law University for admissions to the undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes. The NLU of Himachal Pradesh, located at Dhami in Shimla district was established in the year 2016.
- Admission Notice (click here)
- Online Application Form (click here)
- Instructions for filling the form: (click here)
Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of:
(i) 50% marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Person (SAP)/NRI/NRI Sponsored Categories/Kashmiri Migrants,
(ii) 45% marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST Categories. Candidates appearing in qualifying examination in March/April, 2018 are also eligible to apply.
Applicants who have obtained 10+2 through Open School/Universities system directly without having any basic qualification are not eligible for the Law Course.
Structure of Paper
- General Awareness: 50 q
- Legal Awareness & Reasoning: 40 q
- Quantitative Aptitude: 30 q
- English Comprehensive: 30 q
- Total - 150 qus 150 Marks
- Date of Commencement of filling up ONLINE application forms - 22nd January 2018
- Last date for receiving ONLINE application forms - 17 th April 2018
- Date & Time of Test - 20th May 2018 (10.00 A.M. to 12.00 Noon)
- Date of Declaration of Result - 2nd June, 2018
Break Up of Seats:
In each Under Graduate Programmes i.e. BA/BBA LL. B (Hon.) 60 students will be admitted.
1. (A) Within the Sanctioned Intake for each course as well as seats reserved for Himachal Pradesh Domicile Candidates and All India Seats, the reservation of seats are as under:
(i) SC: 15%
(ii) ST: 7.5%
(iii) Differently Abled: 5%
(iv) Wards of Serving/Retired Defence Personnel: 5%
(B) Over and Above Sanctioned Intake in each course/programme.
(i) Kashmiri Migrants: 02 Seats
(ii) Non-Resident Indians or person sponsored by them: 10 seats
Note: - All these seats (Clause 1 - B) will be of supernumerary character.