HPNET or HP-NLET is the law entrance test administered by Himachal Pradesh National Law University. The test will be held on May 21, 2017 for offering admissions to the undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes. The NLU of Himachal Pradesh, located at Dhami in Shimla district was established in the year 2016.
Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU) will be conducting Himachal Pradesh National Law University Entrance Test (HP-NLET) on May 21, 2017. Himachal Pradesh NLU has begun application form of HP-NLET 2017 which can be filled in online mode. Candidates interested in pursuing either undergraduate five-year integrated law programmes including BA LLB and BBA LLB, or post graduate law programmes including LLM from the NLU of Himachal Pradesh can fill the HPNET application form.
- Admission Notice (click here)
- Online Application Form (click here)
- Instructions for filling the form: (click here)
Minimum Requirements of online application
Valid E-mail Address
Valid Mobile Number
Scanned Copy of Photograph / Signature ( in .jpg,.gif or .bmp format) between 10 KB to 100 KB, 75% of the Photograph must cover the candidate's face
Instructions for filling the form
- On the login page, click on the Register to apply now link.
- Read relevant details about the course and application from the home page links. Most importantly, Eligibility Criteria,Selection Process and Reservation Guidelines.
- Fill the details into User Registration Form.
- Confirm Registration details by clicking on the Confirm button.
- After you Login in the first page that is displayed is Application Locker. Click on HIMACHAL PRADESH NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY from the List of colleges
- Choose your application form and click on Apply Button.
- Fill all details on the form for each of the sections. Incomplete forms will be summarily rejected.
- Click Submit for saving all details and proceeding back to the Application Locker for making payment for all pending application forms.
- In the Application Locker, under the Pending Applications area, choose your forms for which you wish to make payment and Click on Make Payment.
- On the Make Payment Page, choose Mode of Payment and verify the Amount and Click on Proceed.
Under Graduate Program
- For all Undergraduate Program like BA/BBA. LL.B (Hons.) (Five Years Integrated Courses) there shall be National Entrance Test (HPNET). Admission to the course shall be done through HPNET to be conducted at All India level on third Sunday of the month of May of every year by the University at 19 different centers.
Detail of Centres
Candidates should have passed 12th (10+2) examination from any recognized board with minimum 50 % (45 % for S.C/S.T. Students) in one attempt (no compartment). Students who have appeared for their H.S.C finals and awaiting results are also eligible to apply, subject to submission of passing certificate by the announced date.
Applicants who have obtained 10+2 through Open Universities system directly without having any basic qualification are not eligible for the Law Course.
Post Graduate Program
Candidates should have passed his/her undergraduate i.e. LL.B. Degree (3 years or 5 years) from any recognised University in India or foreign University recognised as equivalent under Indian Law with minimum 55% or an equivalent grade point.
In determining equivalence, the university listed with Association of Indian Universities and any Other nodal agency which is statutorily empowered to determined equivalence will be considered.
In each Under Graduate Progammes i.e. B.A./BBA. LL.B (Hons.) 60 students will be admitted. The Post Graduate Programme i.e. One Year LL.M. Programme the intake of 20 students
Table showing Programme wise Distribution of Seats
Details of distribution:
Within the Sanctioned Intake
SC: 15%, ST: 7.5%, Differently Abled: 3%, Wards of Serving/Retired Defence Personnel: 5%
Over and Above Sanctioned Intake
a. Kashmiri Migrants#: 02 Seats
b. International Students, including NRI*: 15% All these seats will be of supernumerary character. Out of 60 Seats, 15 (25%) Seats are reserved for Himachal Pradesh State Domicile Candidates as per HPNLU Act, 2016 in B.A/B.B.A. LL.B. (Hons). Programme.
* An 'NRI/NRI Sponsored' candidate is NRI himself/herself and NRI sponsored candidate is sponsored by first degree or second degree relation who is an NRI and has a valid residential proof of the place and the state in which he/she is living.
# A Certificate issued from competent Authority by the State Government.
Out of 20 Seats 05 seats are reserved for women candidates. (25%) Seats of the total are reserved for Himachal Pradesh State Domicile Candidates as per HPNLU Act, 2016 in LL.M. Programme. Categories like SC/ST and others will be out of respective quotas.
Structure of Paper
B.A./B.B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) subjects:
- General Awareness: 50,
- Legal Awareness & Reasonning: 40,
- Quantitative Aptitude: 30,
- English Comprehensive: 30.
Total 150 Marks
120 MCQ from the areas below
- Constitutional Law
- Law of Contract
- Law of Torts
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Public International Law
- Corporate Law and
- 30 Marks essay on Contemporary Legal Problems,
Total 150 Marks
|S.NO||Description of Specific Activities||HPLU, Shimla Dates|
|1||Issues of notification||23th January, 2017|
|2||Starting date for availability of application forms||24th January, 2017|
|3||Last date for submission of application forms||8th April, 2017|
|4||Availability of Admit Card for all applicants on website||14th April, 2017|
|5||Date of Test (HP-NLET 2017)||21st May, 2017|
|6||Timing for HP-NLET -2017||From 10:00 AM to 12:00 NOON|
|7||Uploading of Key and Inviting Objection||23rdMay, 2017|
|8||Last date of Receiving Objections||25th May, 2017|
|9||Final Key (Uploading)||30th May, 2017|
|10||Declaration of HP-NLET 2017 Result||1stJune, 2017|
|11||Date for issue of letters for Admission||2nd June, 2017|
|12||Last date of deposit of Fee (1st List)||12th June, 2017|
|13||Date for spot counselling of vacant seats (If Any)||20th June, 2017|
|14||Date of submission of fee for vacant seats||28th June, 2017|
|15||Close of Admission||7th July, 2017|
|16||Orientation Programme||14th July, 2017|
|17||Semester to begins||20th July, 2017|
|LL.M (One Year Programme)|
|19||Uploading of Key and Inviting Objection||26th May, 2017|
|20||Last date of Receiving Objections||29th May, 2017|
|21||Final Key Uploading||31st May, 2017|
|22||Declaration of Results||3rd June, 2017|