All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) is conducted by National Law University Delhi for admissions into undergraduate/postgraduate law programmes.AILET 2017
The notification for AILET 2017 has been released by NLU Delhi. The exam will be held for admission to Five Year BA.LL.B (Hons.) Programme, One Year LL.M & Ph.D programmes on Sunday 7th May,2017 from 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM in various centres all over India. The application form will be available on the University website: http://nludelhi.ac.in from 1st January, 2017.
1.Admission Notice(click here)
2. Online Application Form (click here)
3.Instructions for filling the form: (click here)
- On the login page, click on the Register to apply now link.
- Read relevant details about the course and application from the home page links. Most importantly, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process and Reservation Guidelines.
- Fill the details into User Registration Form.
- Confirm Registration details by clicking on the Confirm button.
- After you Login in the first page that is displayed is "Application Locker". Click on NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY from the List of colleges
- Choose your application form and click on Apply Button.
- Fill all details on the form for each of the sections. Incomplete forms will be summarily rejected.
- Click Submit for saving all details and proceeding back to the Application Locker for making payment for all pending application forms.
- In the Application Locker, under the Pending Applications area, choose your forms for which you wish to make payment and Click on Make Payment.
- On the Make Payment Page, choose Mode of Payment and verify the Amount and Click on Proceed.
4. Admission Calendar (click here)
B.A.LL.B(Hons.) Five Year Integrated Programme
|1||Issue of notification||3rd January, 2017|
|2||Starting date for availability of application forms||3rdJanuary, 2017|
|3||Last date for submission of application forms||7th April, 2017|
|4||Availability of Admit Card||14th April, 2017|
|5||Date of AILET 2017||7th May, 2017|
|6||Timing for AILET-2017||From 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM|
|*7||Declaration of AILET 2017 Result (BA.LL.B(Hons.)||18th May, 2017 (tentative)|
|*8||Date for issue of letters for admission (1st List)||18th May, 2017(tentative)|
|9||Last date for deposing fee (1st List)||10th June, 2017|
|10||Date for spot counseling for vacant seats||24th June, 2017|
|11||Last date for depositing fee for the candidates selected in spot counseling||05th July, 2017|
|12||Close of admission||25th July, 2017|
|13||Interview of selected candidates||28th& 29th July, 2017|
|14||Orientation programme||30th July, 2017|
|15||Start of session/classes||01st August, 2017|
|LL.M (One Year Programme)|
|*16||Declaration of LLM AILET 2017 Result||1 st July, 2017 (tentative)|
|*17||Declaration of Ph.D. AILET 2017 Result||15th July, 2017(tentative)|
* Sr. No. 7& 8 onwards are tentative.
* Sr. No. 16 &17 are tentative.
5.Breakup of Seats (click here)
Total seats 80+1+2= 83
Note: One additional seat for Kashmiri Migrants. Two supernumerary seats for the residents of Jammu & Kashmir. The candidates have to appear in the AILET and fulfill the eligibility criteria as applicable.
6. Structure of Paper
|Total Duration||1 hour 30 minutes|
|General Knowledge (Current Affairs, General Science, History, Geography, Economics, Civics)||35 marks|
|Legal Aptitude||35 marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||10 marks|
7. Eligibility CriteriaB.A., LL.B. (Hons.)
Admission to the First Year of the 5-Year B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Degree Programme is made strictly on merit, based on the All India Entrance Examination.
To be eligible for admission in the B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Degree Programme, the candidate should:
1. Senior Secondary School Examination (10+2 System) or Equivalent Examination with 50% marks. The candidates appearing in the 12th standard examination in March/April, 2017 can also apply.
2. Have been selected at the All India Entrance Test held by NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY, DELHI.
3. Below 20 years as on 1 July, 2017 (22 years in case of SC/ST candidates).
4. Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination can also appear for the test on condition that they produce proof of having passed the qualifying examination with the prescribed marks at the time of interview. Those who do not clear the qualifying examination with the requisite marks will not be considered for admission. Candidates whose statement of marks of the qualifying examination is not available at the time of the interview are not eligible for admission. The University reserves the right to cancel the admission of any candidate in accordance with rules. Candidates who get compartment in any subject in the qualifying examination are not eligible for admission in that year.
1. The total number of seats for B.A., LL.B (Hons.) Degree Programme is eighty. Out of the eighty seats, ten seats are for Foreign Nationals.
2. The selection shall be strictly on the basis of merit as determined by the Entrance Test subject to reservation of 15% for Scheduled Caste candidates, 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe candidates and 3% for Persons with Disability out of the 70 seats to be filled through Entrance Examination.
3. The unfilled seats reserved for Scheduled Caste candidates shall be assigned to Scheduled Tribes and Vice-versa. If sufficient number of eligible SC and ST candidates are not available to fill such seats, they shall be filled by General candidates.
4. The candidate shall secure minimum of 40% (30% for SC and ST candidates) of the total marks in the All India Entrance Test to become eligible for the admission. The University has a right to keep the seats vacant if there are no candidates who secured minimum cut off marks.
5. If two or more candidates secure the same percentage of marks in the Entrance Test, their merit will be determined on the basis of % of marks in the Intermediate Examination (10+2)/ Higher Secondary School or its equivalent recognized by the University.
6. If the merit remains the same, then the marks of X standard will be taken into consideration. If still there is no change in rank, then the higher in age shall get preference.At least 30% of the total seats shall be filled by eligible horizontal reservation for women candidates including those selected in reserved and foreign national categories.Selected candidates shall be arranged in the order of merit in each category. A waiting-list shall be added to each category, so that in the event of a selected candidate not joining, the candidates in the waiting-list shall be admitted in the order of merit. Admission process shall be completed latest by 25th of July of the year or any date which may be decided by the University.
7. Candidates who are selected shall be intimated about the selection, immediately, by the University through email/post/courier/phone/ Telegram/ Teleprinter/ Fax and by posting the result on the website of the University. The candidates will be given stipulated time for getting admission, failing which, the offer of admission stands cancelled.8. The wait-listed candidates shall be intimated of their position. If any vacancy to be filled by a wait listed candidate arises, (S)he shall be similarly informed of the date for him/her to report and join by paying the prescribed fee. If (s)he fails to join by that date, the next eligible wait listed candidate shall be similarly informed.Foreign Nationals
The Eligibility condition for admission of students under the Foreign Nationals Category shall be 65% marks in the Higher Secondary School Examination of (10+2) system or an equivalent examination.
The total number of seats for B.A., LL.B (Hons.) Degree Programme is eighty. Out of the eighty seats, ten seats are for Foreign Nationals.
The admission of foreign nationals shall be made based on satisfying the prescribed academic qualifications. They are exempted from taking the admission test. The other rules regarding the eligibility for admission will be applicable as applicable to other candidates.
The annual tuition fee shall be in Indian rupees equivalent to 5,000 US Dollars for candidates from SAARC countries and US Dollars 10,000 for students from other countries.
8. Help Desk