Scheme of Exam
|Tier - I||Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type) (Computer Based)|
|Tier -II||Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type) (Computer Based)|
|Tier -III||Descriptive Paper in English / Hindi ( Pen and paper mode)|
|Tier -IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test (Wherever Applicable )|
Pattern of Tier -I Examination (Computer Based):
|Part||Subject||No of Qs||Marks||Duration|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50||60 Minutes
(80 Minutes for VH candidates)
- Tier –I of the CGLE will be common for all categories of posts
- There will be negative marking of 0.5 marks for each wrong answer in Tier-I.
- Questions will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice , set both in Hindi and English in respect of Parts A, B and C.
- The questions in Reasoning, GA and English will be of a level commensurate with the Essential Qualification viz graduation and questions in Quantitative Aptitude will be of 10th standard level.
Pattern of Tier -II Examination (Computer Based):
This is the second stage of the exam and only those candidates who qualify the first stage (Tier -I) , will be allowed to sit in this exam . It is also a objective type test and Paper I and Paper II are compulsory for all the posts.
|Paper No.||Subject / Paper||Max . Marks||No. of questions||Duration|
|I||Quantitative Ability||200||100||2 hours (2 hours and 40 minutes for VH candidates)|
|II||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 hours (2 hours and 40 minutes for VH candidates)|
|III||Statistics||200||100||2 hours (2 hours and 40 minutes for VH candidates)|
|IV||General Studies ( Finance & Economics)||200||100||2 hours (2 hours and 40 minutes for VH candidates)|
|Note : Paper-I & II are compulsory for all the categories of posts .|
|Paper-III is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Junior Statistical Officer.|
|Paper-IV is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Assistant Audit Officer and Assistant Accounts Officer|
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper-II and 0.50 marks in Paper-I and Paper-III for each wrong answer
- Questions will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice, set both in Hindi and English in respect of Paper I and III.
- Questions in Paper-I will be of 10th standard level, Paper-II of 10+2 level and Paper-III of graduation level.
Pattern of Tier - III Examination:
The Commission has also decided to introduce a Descriptive Paper ( (writing of Essay/Precis/Letter /Application Writing etc) of English/Hindi as Tier-III. The Question Paper will be bilingual. The candidates will have the option to choose any one medium. This will be in Pen & paper Mode.
The maximum marks for this section (Tier III) is 100 and the duration is 60 minutes.
Pattern of Tier -IV Examination:
1. DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): FOR THE POST OF TAX ASSISTANTS (Central Excise & Income Tax): The "Data Entry Speed" Skill Test at 2000 (two thousand) key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes will be of qualifying nature
2. CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): The Commission will hold CPT, comprising three modules - Word Processing, Spread Sheet and Generation of Slides, for applicants for the post of Assistants of CSS. CPT will be of a qualifying nature.