TANCET is an entrance test conducted by the Anna University on behalf of the government of Tamil Nadu for admission into MBA, MCA, M.Tech, M.E, M.Plan and M.Arch courses in Tamil Nadu.
TANCET (M.C.A) 2017 was held on 25.03.2017 from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noonPattern of the exam -
|Course||No. of Questions||No. of Alternatives||Marks for every correct answer||Negative marks for every wrong answer|
TANCET – MCA Entrance Exam is of 2 hours duration consisting of 100 multiple choice questions. There are four answer choices for each question. Till 2014, for every correct answer 1 mark was awarded. For every wrong answer 1/4 mark was deducted. But in 2015 TANCET MCA Exam though there is no change in the number of choices for each question, the negative marking scheme changed from 1/4 th negative to 1/3 th negative for every wrong answer.
Online Registration of Application starts - 29.01.2017
Online Registration of Application ends - 28.02.2017, 5.30 p.m.
TANCET MCA date - 25.03.2017, 10 am to 12.00 noon.
Eligibility Criteria: A pass in a recognised Bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years duration with mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduate level and obtained at least 50 % (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examination
(a) 10+2+3/4 years Pattern(or)
(b) 10+3 years diploma + 3 years Pattern(or)
(c) (i) 10+2+AMIE*(or)
M.C.A. (Lateral Entry) - A pass in a recognised bachelor’s degree of minimum three years in Computer Applications (CA), Information Technology / Computer Science (B.Sc) with mathematics as a subject at the 10+2 level or graduation level and at least 50% (45% in case of candidates belonging to the reserved category)
Registration for TANCET MCA 2017:
Candidates can register through online only by filling-up the application and uploading the same.
TANCET MCA Test fee - General Rs.500, SC,SC-A and ST categories - Rs.250
- Candidates appearing for the final semester / year of examination of the above mentioned degree courses, except AMIE, during April / May 2017 can also apply for TANCET 2017.
- Candidates of other states can also apply for the entrance test, but the eligibility conditions will be stipulated by the admitting authority / university.
Syllabus: The question paper consists of questions on
i) Quantitative ability
ii) Analytical reasoning
iii) Logical reasoning
iv) Computer awareness
Apart from these, there may also be questions from verbal activity, basic science, etc.
Click here for TANCET 2017 MCA Analysis.
- The total duration of each course is 150+ hours.
- Every year,T.I.M.E.analyses the TANCET paper, revises its study material and guides its students to take the right approach to succeed in the Exam.
- The Study material consists of separate booklets on Quantitative Ability, Computers, Logical Reasoning and English Grammar. The classroom coaching essentially starts with the basics of every topic followed by discussion of the exercises in the Study Material. Students are given time to prepare and then unit tests are conducted.
- T.I.M.E. conducts 10 All Tamil Nadu Mock TANCET exams in order to give our students the real feel of the exam. State level Ranking is provided to gauge the performance of a student in the state.
This course is offered at the following places: