The NMAT by GMAC™ is a computer administered test owned by the Graduate Management Global Connection (India) Private Limited (“GMGC”), a subsidiary of Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC).
NMAT by GMAC™ is a 2-hour test containing multiple choice questions. Prior to the start of the test, there will be a 2-minute period for the test taker to agree to the Non-Disclosure Agreement, a 10-minute tutorial and a 3-minute period for section selection and sequencing.
There are three sections: Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning. Each section is individually timed.
|Registration||Tuesday, July 4, 2017||Tuesday, October 3, 2017|
|Scheduling||Tuesday, July 4, 2017||Monday, October 16, 2017|
|Late Registration||Wednesday, October 4, 2017||Saturday, October 14, 2017|
|Registration - Retake||Friday, October 6, 2017||Thursday, December 14, 2017|
|Re-scheduling||Tuesday, July 4, 2017||Friday, December 15, 2017|
|Exam Delivery||Friday, October 6, 2017||Friday, December 15, 2017|
|Re-take Scheduling||Thursday, October 5, 2017||Monday, December 18, 2017|
|Final Announcement of Results||3rd week of January,2018|
|Language Skills||32 questions||22 minutes|
|Quantitative Skills||48 questions||60 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning||40 questions||38 minutes|
|Total||120 questions||120 minutes|
- NMAT is a computer-based exam.
- There will be sectional cutoffs.
- There will be no negative marking.
- Applicants could take max of three attempts at NMAT,including the 'no shows'
- A test taker can re-schedule the test 72 hours or more prior to the scheduled appointment, subject to availability of seats, upon payment of the applicable fee.
- A test taker will have to wait at least 15 days before he / she can appear for a retake attempt - by paying the applicable fee for each retake attempt.
|Logical Reasoning skills||0-120|
Final score card will include a scaled score for each section, a total score as well as a percentile ranking. The window wise scores are released 4-5 weeks after a candidate has taken the test and the score card will be updated with scaled scores for all the attempts. The candidate will be notified on email once the score card is available and it can be downloaded. The final percentile rankings for this year will be calculated after all the candidates have taken their exam(s) and will be announced and updated in the candidate’s score card on 3rd week of January 2018.
Up to 5 schools/programmes are included in registration fee. However, test takers will be able to send their scores to more than 5 schools/programmes before or after registration for a fees of INR 200 + applicable taxes.
- Test Registration (Early) - INR 1800 + applicable taxes
- Test Registration (Late) - INR 2000 + applicable taxes
- Retake - INR 1800 + applicable taxes
- Reschedule - INR 1000 + applicable taxes
- Additional Score Reports (beyond first five) - INR 200 per Score Report + applicable taxes
- SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
- Xavier School of Human Resource Management - Bhubaneswar
- Xavier School of Rural Management - Bhubaneswar
- Xavier School of Sustainability - Bhubaneswar
- Xavier Faculty of management (Urban Management & Governance) - Bhubaneswar
- MISB Bocconi
- ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad and other locations
- Shiv Nadar University
- Alliance University
- VIT University
- Amity University
- Thapar School of Management
- Woxsen School of Business Management
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES)
- GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam
- Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University
- SRM University
- BML Munjal University
- Mody University
- North - Agra, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Patiala, Varanasi
- West - Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune, Pilani, Surat, Vadodara
- South - Bengaluru, Chennai, Kochi, Hyderabad, Manipal, Mysore, Tiruchirapalli, Vellore, Vizag, Vijaywada
- Central - Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur
- East - Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong
- Outside India - Kathmandu, Thimphu, Dhaka, Colombo
Placement details of the MBA Programme:
The average salary for the 2015-2017 batch of NMIMS-Mumbai MBA Program was 17.5 lacs pa. while the highest CTC offered was 30 lacs p.a. . A total of 160 companies participated in the placement process.
Key recruiters at NMIMS-Mumbai:
Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, GE, Microsoft, Google, ITC, Dabur, L’Oreal, HUL, Marico, Asian Paints, Vodafone, Reckitt Benckiser, Deloitte, M&M, ICICI, Aditya Birla Group, Flipkart amongst others.
The detailed analysis of NMAT through the years can be obtained by selecting NMAT in our Exam Analyses page.