|IIMs (20 IIMs )
||CAT + Own GWPI process
- Most IIMs have shifted to Written Ability test from Group Discussions as a part of the written test (therefore the name GWPI)
- Most of the new IIMs conduct a common WAT-PI process.
- The weightage of academic background and work experience varies from institute to institute and year to year.
||CAT + Own GDPI process
- In general, IIT Bombay shortlists candidates above around 98 percentile followed closely by IIT Delhi, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Kanpur etc. Each of these institutes have a different selection criteria. IIT Bombay for instance assigns 20% weightage to CAT score, 44% to WAT-PI and 36% to profile.
- Most IITs only consider candidates who are engineering graduates/those in final year of graduation. However, IIT Madras and IIT Delhi allow candidates from non-engineering background as well.
|SP Jain Institute of Management & Research
||CAT / XAT/GMAT + Own Group Interview Process
- The Institute issues 2 separate call lists, first it releases profile based calls following which score + profile based calls are issued – the profile based calls are sometimes issued even before CAT results are announced.
- The institute asks for your preference in specialisation at the time of applying itself.
|Institutes conducting their own exam (IIFT, TISS, MICA etc.)
||Own exam + GWPI process
- IIFT conducts the entrance test in November, where as the results are announced in December. The GWPI process is usually conducted in Jan-Feb.
- MICA gives some weightage to CAT and conducts its own exam as well called MICAT. The shortlisted candidates are given a preliminary selection status at the end of the GDPI process – Selected, Waitlisted and Rejected.
- TISS admits candidates for a range of "Master of Arts" programmes. The institute follows a very unique pedagogy with up to 3 internships. TISSNET is usually conducted in January.
|Institues for specific category of students (NITIE, SIOM)
||NITIE – CAT based, SIOM – SNAP Based
- All these institutes offer admission only to engineers. The cutoff for NITIE is 97+ overall percentile with around 70 percentile sectionals for the general category students.
|Maharashtra state level B-schools
- 85% seats in these B-schools is reserved for Maharashtrians,where as remaining 15% are open for everyone.
|Institutes with religion based reservation (Loyola, Rizvi etc)
||LIBA-XAT + GDPI Rizvi-CMAT, CAT, XAT
- These are minority institutes, they reserve 50% of the seats.
- Rizvi: Admission for 50% seats is carried out by DTE Maharashtra and remaining are filled by the B-school authorities
|Group of institutes conducting an exam (SIBM, SIIB, SCMHRD etc)
||SNAP + Own GDPI process
- You need to apply separately to each college you wish to join.
- A few of these B-schools also conduct Group Tasks as a part of the GWPI process.
- Generally SNAP based institutes are the first to complete their process of admission and release the final results.
|Specialisation based B-schools
- HR – XLRI Jamshedpur, TISS, MDI