Established in 1991, MICA (formerly known as Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad), is an autonomous, non-profit institution, offering a wide-range of academic programmes like the Post Graduate Programme (PGP), the Crafting Creative Communications (CCC) and the Fellow Programme in Management-Communications (FPM-C).
MICA's flagship Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Communications (PGDM-C) is being offered with specialisations in Marketing Research, Digital Communication Management, Brand Management, Media Management and Advertising Management. MICA also offers a PGDM program.
The maximum intake for PGDM (C) is 180 students
MICAT is a Computer Based Test (CBT) and will be conducted twice for selection of PGDM (C) and PGDM batches. In case an applicant writes the exam twice, the better of the two MICAT Scores will be considered.
- MICAT 1: Dec 2, 2023
- MICAT 2 - Jan 27, 2024
- MICAT entrance exam application Fee is Rs. 2100/-
Admission to the PGDM (C) programme requires a Bachelor's degree (10 + 2 + 3 system) or an equivalent qualification in any discipline recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Candidates appearing for final examinations towards a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) are also eligible to apply.
Candidates who demonstrate aptitude for expressing, assessing, and /or conceiving ideas that move people to action and achieve business results tend to stand a better chance of being shortlisted.
All the candidates shortlisted on the basis of their performance in CAT/XAT/GMAT & MICAT shall appear for both Group Exercise (GE) & Personal Interview (PI).
Preparation of Shortlist of the candidates for GE & PI
- Section A of MICAT (Psychometric test) is a qualifier.
- Those who qualify on the Psychometric, their relative performance on CAT/XAT/GMAT will be considered. Candidates clearing a minimum cut-off in CAT /XAT total percentile/GMAT score shall be considered.
- Those who qualify based on the CAT/XAT/GMAT performance, their Section B of MICAT will be assessed.
- Those who qualify on the basis of relative performance subject to a minimum cut-off in *Normalized Scores of Section B of MICAT shall have their Section C of MICAT assessed. Each section will have its own cut-off.
- Those who qualify on the basis of a, b, c and d above(on the basis of relative performance subject to a minimum cut-off in Normalized Scores of Section C of MICAT ) shall be considered for short listing for GE and PI. Short listed candidates will be called for GE and PI at Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai.
- (GE & PI candidate list is prepared on the Composite Score formula of 50% CAT/XAT/GMAT and 50% MICAT scores)
The following is the process followed during the final selection stage
Admission will be granted on the basis of merit and subsequently the consideration of the choice of the programme will be factored in. Once a candidate, as per the merit list, is offered admission from the programme of his/her first priority, then his/her name will be automatically be withdrawn from the list of the candidates in the programme of his/her second priority.
If the candidate, as per the movement of the merit list, is offered admission in the Programme of his/her second priority, then the candidate has to choice to accept the offer with an undertaking that he/she is willing to withdraw his/her name from the list of the programme of his/her first priority OR he/she may refuse to accept this offer and continue to feature on the waitlist of the programme of his/her first priority.
All those candidates who appear in GE & PI are considered for the final merit list MUST be RECOMMENDED by majority of the panelists of PI
All those who meet the criteria described above, their final composite score shall be created based on the following weightage:
- CAT/XAT/GMAT: 20%
- MICAT: 30%
- GE: 20%
- PI: 30%
|EVENT||DAYS AND DATES|
|MICAT I Registration opens||September 14, 2023|
|MICAT I Registration closes||November 20, 2023 at 11:50 pm|
|MICAT I Issue of Call Letters/Admit||November 29, 2023|
|MICAT I||December 2, 2023|
|MICAT I Score||December 21, 2023|
|MICAT II Registration opens||November 23, 2023|
|MICAT II Registration||January 16, 2024. at 11:50pm|
|MICAT II Issue of Call Letters/Admit Card||January 24, 2024|
|MICAT II||January 27, 2024|
|MICAT II Score||February 15, 2024|
|GE & PI Shortlist||February 15, 2024|
|GE & PI at MICA, Ahmedabad||March 1,2024|
|GE & PI at Bangalore||March 5 & 6,2024|
|GE & PI at Delhi||March 10, 11 & 12,2024|
|GE & PI at Kolkata||March 16 & 17,2024|
|GE & PI at Mumbai||March 21 & 22,2024|
|Final results||First week of April 2024|