Symbiosis International University (SIU) is a private co-educational, multi-institutional university located in Pune, Maharashtra.
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) General is the common written test for the admission processes for various undergraduate courses in the institutes of Symbiosis International University.
Each Symbiosis institute has its independent selection process. Students are short listed for personal interview (PI) and written aptitude test (WAT) on the basis of their performance in SET General.
Students who wish to pursue BBA program through the institutes of Symbiosis University should appear for SET (General). The eligibility criteria for SET 2018:
- Passed XII or its equivalent in any discipline from any recognized Board with minimum 50% marks for open category.
- Minimum marks for students belonging to SC and ST category is 45%.
- Candidate who has appeared for their HSC exams and awaiting results are also eligible to apply, subject to submission of passing certificate by the notified date.
- Applicants who have obtained 10+2 through Open Universities system directly without having any basic qualification are not eligible for the course.
- There is no upper age limit for SET (General).
|Institute||Campus||Course||No of Seats|
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR)||Pune||BBA (IT)||60|
|Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies (SCMS)||Pune||BBA||240|
|Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies (SCMS)||NOIDA||BBA||150|
The duration of SET 2018 exam would be 150 minutes. The exam will be conducted in online mode. The test will have objective multiple choice questions and will be divided into 4 sections. The total number of questions to be answered will be 150. The sections of the exam are, General English, Quantitative Ability, General Awareness and Analytical & Logical Reasoning. There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
All sections are mandatory.
|Sr. No||Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|4||Analytical & Logical Reasoning||30||30|
The institutes will shortlist the candidates on the basis of their performance in the exam. The shortlisted candidates will have to appear for institute specific Personal Interaction and Written Ability Test.
Merit List Declaration and Admission
Merit list will be based on the following parameters:
|S. No.||Institute||Entrance Test score Scaled down to 50 marks||PI-WAT(50 marks)||Group Test (GT)||Total|
|3||SICSR (B.B.A.(Information Technology) & B.C.A)||50||20||20||10||100|