- Candidates must be the citizen of India.
- NRIs (Non-Resident Indians), OCIs (Overseas Citizen of India), PIOs (Persons of Indian Origin) & Foreign Nationals can also apply
- Candidates seeking for admission in UG medical courses in abroad are required to qualify NEET exam.
- There is lower age limit for NEET. The applying candidate must have completed minimum 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2020.
- The upper age limit is 25 years as on the date of examination. Candidates above 25 years are provisionally permitted to appear and their candidature is subject to the outcome of pending Petitions before the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed the higher/senior secondary examination or its equivalent after a period of 12 years study.
- Subjects: Candidates must pass the above qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology along with English as mandatory subject.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must secure minimum 50% marks (GEN & GEN-EWS), 45% marks (GEN PH) & 40% marks (SC, ST & OBC-NCL) taken together in PCB subjects.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are in 12th standard can also apply. They must have to show the passing certificates complying with the percentage criteria at the time of first round of counselling.
- NIOS or State Open School or private candidates are eligible to apply for NEET exam as per last year High Court of Delhi order. However, the candidates eligibility depends on the final verdict of the special leave petitions filed by Medical Council of India.
Note: Marks obtained in math will not be considered for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.