The CAT 2017 notification has been released today (29th July). The key points from the notification/press release are as below.
- CAT 2017 will be conducted in two sessions on one day. The exam will be held on 26th November, 2017 (Sunday).
- The exam will be conducted in about 140 cities.
- Candidates will be given the option to select 4 Test Cities in order of preference. Test Cities and Centers will be assigned to the candidates only after the last date for CAT 2017 registration and hence candidates need not rush to block slots and sites in the initial days of registration.
- Candidates must pay the registration fee through online mode only, including Credit Card, Debit Card, and Net Banking.
- The duration of the examination will be 180 minutes. There will be three sections:
- Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Section III: Quantitative Ability
- Non-MCQs continue this year too. Distribution across sections has not been specified.
- Basic on-screen calculator will be available for computation.
- Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they cannot switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
- The number of questions per section and the overall number of questions has not been specified. We will have to wait and see if the question distribution remains the same as in CAT 2016.
Important dates regarding the test/registration/results are as below
|Registration for CAT||09th August 2017 to 20th September 2017, 05:00 PM|
|CAT Tutorial on www.iimcat.ac.in||From 18th Oct 2017|
|Admit Card Download Window||18th October 2017 till the Exam Day|
|Test Date||26th November 2017 (Sunday)|
|Release of Results||2nd week of January 2018 (Tentative)|