NDA (National Defence Academy) is a premier institute that trains the cadets (candidates) to get selected for Indian Armed Forces (Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy) as officers. Candidates may approach the academy by qualifying a national level entrance examination (NDA 2017) which is organized by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). The examination is conducted two times in a year. NDA (I) 2017 will be organized on 23rd April, 2017 and NDA (II) 2017 will be organized on 10th September, 2017.
|Events||Dates (NDA I)||Dates (NDA II)|
|Notification release||18th January, 2017||7th June 2017|
|Application form release||18th January, 2017||7th June 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form||10th February, 2017||30th June 2017|
|Admit card release||one or two weeks before exam||one or two weeks before exam|
|Exam date||23rd April, 2017||10thSeptember 2017|
|Result declaration||May, 2017||October, 2017|
NDA Exam Pattern
- Sections: The NDA entrance examination will be asked in two subsequent sections; written test and intelligence & personality test.
- Type of Questions: The question paper of written test will contain objective type questions and sectioned in code 1 & 2.
- Marks for Code 1: Code 1 will comprise of Mathematics questions of 300 marks while code 2 will comprise of general ability questions of 600 marks.
- Marks for Code 2: Code 2 will be divided in 2 sections as A & B. Section A will cover Math of 200 marks while section B will cover general knowledge of 400 marks.
- Language: The paper will be of both language Hindi & English.
- Answering Method: Each question will have four optional answer candidates have to choose the right one only.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking for incorrect response given by candidates in the objective type questions.
- Candidates use only black ball pen to mark answers.
- Subjects: The NDA exam paper will be consisted of two parts i.e. Mathematics and General Ability Test.
- Mode of Exam: The paper will be held through offline mode.