RBI has released the Recruitment Notification for the Post of Assistants 2023. Total posts announced are 450.
Selection for the post will be through a country-wide competitive examination in two phases i.e. Preliminary and Main examination followed by a Language Proficiency Test (LPT).
(A) Important Dates :
Website Link Open & Payment of Examination Fees Online - 13.09.2023 to 04.10.2023
Schedule of Online Preliminary Test (Tentative) : October 21 & 23, 2023
Schedule of Online Main Test (Tentative) : December 02, 2023
(B) Pay Scale :
At present, initial monthly Gross emoluments (without HRA) for Assistants will be approximately ₹ 47849/-.
(a) Age : Between 20 and 28 years
(b) Educational Qualifications :
(i) At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in aggregate. Knowledge of word processing.
ii) Candidates applying for a post in a particular recruiting office should be proficient in the language (i.e. know to read, write, speak and understand the language) of the state/ any of the states falling under the recruiting office.
(D) Scheme of Selection :
a. Preliminary examination
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests (Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
b. Main examination
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests (Objective)||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Test of Reasoning||40||40||30 minutes|
|2||Test of English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|3||Test of Numerical Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
|4||Test of General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|5||Test of Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
- Language Proficiency Test (LPT) - The candidates provisionally shortlisted from the main on-line examination will have to undergo a language proficiency test (LPT). The language proficiency test will be conducted in the Official / Local Language of the State concerned as detailed below). Candidate not proficient in the Official / Local Language shall be disqualified.
- There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests (Preliminary and Main examination).1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests of the online examinations.
Click here for details of state wise vacancies : https://opportunities.rbi.org.in/scripts/bs_viewcontent.aspx?Id=4315
(E) Application Fee :
- ₹ 50/- for SC/ST/PWD/EXS. (Intimation Charges)
- ₹ 450/- for OBC/General/EWS candidates (Examination fees and Intimation Charges)
In case of any problem in filling up the form, payment of examination fee or receipt of call letter, queries may be made through the link - http://cgrs.ibps.in/. Do not forget to mention Recruitment of Assistant- 2023’ in the subject box of the email.