About GATE Exam
What is GATE Exam ?
What are the benefits of writing GATE exam?
- A good GATE score is helpful for getting admission in to IITs, IISC, IIITs, NITs and many other renowned institutions
- Many PSUs like IOCL, BPCL, HPCL, MECON, PGCIL, etc. have a lot of weightage for GATE score in their recruitment process.
- GATE qualification is also a minimum requirement to apply for various fellowships awarded by many Government organizations like DRDO, BARC, ISRO etc.
- GATE qualified candidates are also eligible for Junior Research Fellowships in CSIR Labs and CSIR sponsored projects.
- Focused GATE Preparation also helps in preparation for Indian Engineering Services (IES) Exam and other prestigious PSU recruitment examinations like CIL, AP Genco, AP Transco, NTPC, BSNL JTO, etc.
- GATE preparation helps in better preparation for B.Tech Semester examinations
- Preparation for GATE Exam also supplements preparation in Aptitude and technical skills for Campus Placements.
- Through GATE, students can also apply for PGDIE program at National Institute of Technical Industrial Education (NITIE), Mumbai. The program is treated at par with the PGDM (MBA) course at NITIE.
- GATE score is also accepted by IIMs for their Fellowship programs in Management courses with a monthly stipend of 22,000/-
- With GATE Score, students can also apply for MS program in NUS and NTU in Singapore and other colleges in New Zealand & Germany.
Eligibility criteria for appearing in GATE ?
- B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm. (Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs) Currently in the final year or already completed.
- B. Arch Bachelor's degree holders of Architecture (Five years course )Currently in the final year or already completed
- B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S. (Bachelor's degree in Science(Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2) Currently in the 4th year or already completed.
- M.Sc. /M.A./MCA or equivalent (Master's degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/
Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent)Currently in the final year or already completed.
- Int. M.E/M.Tech (Post-B.Sc.) Post-BSc Integrated Master's degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Four year program)Currently in the 2nd/3rd/4th year or already completed.
- Int. M.E./ M.Tech or Dual Degree (afterDiploma or 10+2) Integrated Master's degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology (Five year program) Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed.
- Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S. Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.S.-M.S. program Currently in the final year or already completed.
- Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch.)B.E./B.
Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India) Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses.
When is GATE conducted ?
Pattern of GATE Paper?
What is Application and Registration Process ?
What is the GATE Syllabus ?
What strategy should be followed to qualify in the GATE exam? Do we need to cover each and every topic from GATE Syllabus ?
For how many GATE papers can I apply?
- The candidate is expected to appear in a paper appropriate to the discipline of his/her qualifying degree.
- The candidate is, however, free to choose any paper according to his/her admission plan, keeping in mind the eligibility criteria of the institutions in which he/she wishes to seek admission
What is the ideal time duration for preparation for GATE Exam.
What is GATE Score card, what does GATE Score card Contains ?
How is GATE Score calculated ?
When GATE Result will be announced ?
|No. of Questions
Details of the application fee are shown in table below:
|Women candidates / SC / ST / PwD category candidates
|All other candidates
For GATE 2016, payments would have to be made online by using net banking or debit card or e-challan facilities. Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the bank from where the money is being transferred. This charge will be specified on the payment portal.
GATE score is valid for THREE YEAR only.
About M.Tech Admissions
What happens in an M.Tech degree course?
What are the benefits of M.Tech degree?
- M.Tech from a top-class institute with the best faculty and infrastructure helps a student to work on the best research technologies in India
- M.Tech helps a student to differentiate himself from other B.Tech graduates.
- There is scope for better Placements with higher pay and superior job profiles in top PSUs, MNCs and Indian companies both in India and Abroad.
- M.Tech opens up a lot of career paths in the fields of Teaching, Research and other Core sectors, apart from the existing alternatives
- Chance to pursue specializations of interest.
- Opportunity to work in research positions like JRFs, in ISRO/DRDO/BARC/IITs etc
- Minimum stipend of 12,400/- per month is given to regular students joining colleges under MHRD
How are the placements for M.Tech students?
How to pursue M.Tech in IISC/IIT/NIT?
Should I pursue M.Tech after graduation or should I work for a few years after graduation and then pursue M.Tech?
How many seats are there for M.Tech in IIT's ?
How much Stipend is paid for M.Tech students in IIT's ?
Reservation of seats for M.Tech in IIT's ?
What is the Shortlisting and Selection Criteria for M.Tech in IIT's ?
Can I change my stream during M.Tech?
What are the options of doing M.Tech from colleges other than IITs?
About PSU'S Recruitment through GATE
What are PSUs ?
What are the benefits of working in a PSU?
- PSUs offer great salary package with an average salary package of 8-9 Lacs.
- PSUs offer core job profiles for engineering graduates.
- Jobs with PSU are always secure irrespective of the economical fluctuations and other national issues.
- Work life balance is usually good in PSUs.
- People working for PSU's are treated with a lot of respect by society.
How many PSU's Recruit through GATE ?
What is the PSU Recruitment process through GATE ?
What profiles are offered by PSU's through GATE ?
What is the pay package offered by PSU's?
How can I know when PSU recruitment notification is released?