ESE stands for Engineering Services Examination. The examination is conducted by UPSC every year as a combined competitive examination for recruitment into various government engineering organisations like -
- Indian Railway Services of Engineers (IRSE)
- Central Engineering Services (CES)
- Military Engineering Services (MES) &
- 40+ other departmental organizations
The examination are conducted separately for the following departments -
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
The examination is conducted in three Stages -
- Stage 1 – Preliminary
- Stage 2 – Mains
- Stage 3 – Personality Test
Final year student can also appear for the examination.
Cracking the ESE exam requires not just academic knowledge but also knowledge of General Studies & Engineering Aptitude. Right attitude and personality are also required to crack personality test.