Apart from the exams JEE MAIN (to gain admission into NITs/IIITs and probably CFTIs) and JEE ADVANCED (to be taken by IIT aspirants), there are some of the well known institutes that have their own entrance examinations which attract huge number of aspiring engineers. Of late, these institutes also have gained reputation for the quality education they offer. Some of the institutes, apart from BITS Pilani, are Vellore Institute of Technology(VIT), Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Cochin Institute of Science and Technology(CUSAT), SRM,etc. One of the admission routes to IISERs is JEE ADV while for IIST it is through JEE ADV only. Institutes like SASTRA use JEE MAIN as one of the admission criteria.
The National Entrance Screening Test or NEST is a compulsory test for admission to the 5-year Integrated MSc programme in basic sciences - Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics – at National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Center for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CBS), Mumbai. Both NISER and CBS are autonomous institutions established by Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India, in 2007.
All the candidates admitted to 5-year Integrated MSc programme at NISER and CBS are eligible for INSPIRE, Govt. of India, scholarship of 5,000/- per month and 20,000/- per year for carrying out summer projects.
Besides, top performers at NISER and CBS, securing overall grades above certain threshold at the end of final semester, will be eligible to appear directly for the interview for admission to Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) Training School.
Eligibility criteria for admission
- Educational qualification
Candidates should be from science stream (having any combination of Biology/Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Physics) at class XII and must write the NEST 2017 examination.
Candidates who have passed class XII examination or equivalent from any recognised Board in India in 2015 or 2016 or are appearing in 2017 are eligible for admission. Admission will be offered strictly on the basis of Merit List of NEST 2017. Candidates should secure at least 60% marks (for SC/ST it is 55%) in aggregate or equivalent grade in class XII examination.
- Age limit
General and OBC category candidates - born on or after August 01, 1997.
SC / ST / PD candidates - 5 years relaxation.
Intake and Reservation of seats
NISER - 170 + 2(JK)
CBS - 45 + 2(JK)
|Start of Online application for NEST 2017||January 02, 2017|
|Closing of Online application||March 06, 2017|
|Download of Admit Card begins||April 14, 2017|
|NEST 2017 examination||May 27, 2017 (Saturday) 10:00am – 1:00pm|
|Announcement of results in NEST website||June 16, 2017|
- Duration - 3 hrs and will start at 10:00 am
- In NEST–2017 examination, there would be a general section of 30 marks and four subject sections of 50 marks each.
- It is the general section and is compulsory for all candidates. There will be no negative marking in general section.
- This section tests candidate's familiarity with, but not detailed understanding of, major historical milestones in subjects like astronomy, biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, computer science and environmental science.
- Questions will be designed to test analytic abilities and comprehension of scientific passages.
- Some of the questions in this section may require knowledge of class X Mathematics.
Sections 2 through 5
- Sections 2 through 5 are of 50 marks each.
- Will contain subject specific questions from Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. Candidates are permitted to attempt as many subject-sections as they wish. However, only the best three subject scores along with the score in the general section will be counted for evaluation and merit list preparation.
- The questions are designed to test candidates' subject comprehension and analytic ability.
- In the subject sections, there will be negative marking for incorrect answers. Some questions may have one or more correct answers for which marks can only be earned by marking all correct answers and no wrong answer.
- Language of the question paper will be English only.
- In NEST–2017 examination, there would be a general section of 30 marks and four subject sections of 50 marks each.
- Candidates can attempt ‘as many’ from the subject sections.
- During preparation of merit list, score for the general section would be considered along with three best scores from the remaining subject sections. In other words, the worst score among sections 2 through 5 would be discarded during merit list calculation.
- As merit list calculation will be performed on marks obtained in the general section and in (best) three subject sections, the ‘total’ marks for NEST–2017 becomes 180 (30 + 50 x 3 = 180).
'Section-wise' and 'total' cut-off marks
- Total score of each candidate will be the direct sum of his/her score in the general section and his/her best three scores in the subject sections.
- For each section, “20% of the average of the best 100 scores in that section” will be considered as Section-wise Minimum Admissible Score (SMAS).
- SMAS for different sections can obviously be of different numerical value.
- A candidate must score equal or more than respective SMAS in General section as well as in at least three subject sections. These subjects sections will then be counted for merit list calculation. If a candidate secures SMAS in all four subject sections, then the best three subject scores will be counted.
- If a candidate does not secure SMAS in the general section, he/she would not be allotted any merit rank and would not be deemed eligible for admission.
- If a candidate does not secure SMAS in at least three subject sections, he/she would not be allotted any merit rank and would not be deemed eligible for admission.
- SMAS for OBC students would be 90% of respective SMAS for general category students.
- SMAS for SC/ST/PD students would be 50% of respective SMAS for general category students.
- Additionally, a candidate is required to score equal or above a total minimum admissible score (MAS), to get a merit rank. MAS for NEST-2017 is 90, which is 50% of total marks, i.e, 180.
- A candidate scoring less than 90 (MAS) in total would not be allotted any merit rank and would not be deemed eligible for admission, even if he/she secures SMAS in all sections.
- A candidate scoring equal or more than MAS but not securing SMAS in the general section or in at least three subject sections would not be allotted any merit rank. It is important that both MAS and SMAS conditions are fulfilled to get a merit rank.
- MAS for OBC students would be 90% of MAS for general category students.
- MAS for SC/ST/PD students would be 50% of MAS for general category students.
- For candidates who satisfy all the clauses, a merit list would be prepared in descending order of total scores.
- If total score of two or more candidates becomes equal (i.e. in the case of degeneracy), candidates with higher score in the general section will get a better rank.
- If the degeneracy persists, then the best scores in the subject section of the two students would be compared. The student with the better score in any of the subject section would get a better rank.
- If the degeneracy still persists, the students would be given same provisional rank at the time of declaration of the result and the degeneracy would be broken by comparing class 12th marks and date of birth in that order, during admission/counselling.
- The syllabus for NEST 2017 primarily follows the NCERT/ CBSE science syllabus of class X-XII.
- General Section - There is no specific syllabus for the general section. This section tests candidate's familiarity with, but not detailed understanding of, major historical milestones in subjects like astronomy, biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, computer science and environmental science.
- Candidates must fill-up the online application form on or after January 2, 2017.
- The application fee for the male candidates of General/OBC category is 700/-. The application fee for SC/ST/PD categories and all female candidates is 350/-. Payments can be made by DD or using credit card/debit card/net-banking through online payment gateway
The admit card for NEST 2017 will be available for downloading from April 14, 2017
Founded by Professor P.C. Mahalanobis in Kolkata on 17th December, 1931, the Indian Statistical Institute gained the status of an Institution of National Importance by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1959.
The Headquarters of ISI is located in Kolkata. Additionally there are four centres located in Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai and Tezpur. Research in Statistics and related disciplines is the primary activity of the Institute. Teaching activities are undertaken mainly in Kolkata, Delhi and Bangalore.
Under Graduate Programmes offered by ISI:
- Bachelor of Statistics (Honours) [B STAT (HONS)]-offered only in Kolkata
This three-year degree programme offers comprehensive instruction in the theory, methods & application of Statistics, in addition to several areas of Mathematics and some basic areas of Computer Science.
- Bachelor of Mathematics (Honours) [B MATH (HONS)]-offered only at Bengaluru campus.
This three-year degree programme offers comprehensive instruction in basic Mathematics along with rudimentary courses in Probability, Statistics, Computing and Physics.
An applicant should have successfully completed 10+2 years of Higher Secondary Education (or its equivalent) with Mathematics and English as subjects of study.
All applicants for this programme, except the INMO AWARDEES , will have to appear for two written tests comprising of multiple-choice type and descriptive questions in Mathematics at the 10+2 level. Based on performance in the written tests, a number of candidates are called for interviews.
The written test is waived for applicants who have been selected as INMO AWARDEES to participate in the International Mathematics Olympiad Training Camp (IMOTC) in the current year or in any previous year.
The final selection of candidates for admission to the programme is based on performance in the two written tests (unless waived) as well as the interviews and the final list of candidates selected for admission is announced after completion of all the interviews.
|On-line Application||08 February 2017 TO 10 March 2017|
|Payment of Application Fee||10 February 2017 TO 15 March 2017|
|Issue of Admit Card/info booklet via post/portal Starts||April 2017|
|ISI Admission Test||14 May 2017|
- Two papers are to be attempted. UGA to be held from 10.30 am to 12.30 pm UGB to be held from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm.
- UGA is a multiple choice examination with one answer choice. 28-30 questions
- Four marks for each correct answer
- One mark for each unanswered question
- Zero marks for each incorrect answer.
- Duration – 2 hrs
- UGB is a descriptive paper. All questions carry equal marks. 6-8 questions
- Duration - Two hours. Credit will be given to a partially correct answer.
Algebra and number theory
Sets, operations on sets. Prime numbers, factorization of integers and divisibility. Rational and irrational numbers. Permutations and combinations, Binomial Theorem. Logarithms. Polynomials: relations between roots and coefficients, Remainder Theorem, Theory of quadratic equations and expressions. Arithmetic and geometric progressions. Inequalities involving arithmetic, geometric & harmonic means. Complex numbers.
Class X level plane geometry. Geometry of 2 dimensions with Cartesian and polar coordinates, concept of a locus, equation of a line, angle between two lines, distance from a point to a line, area of a triangle, equations of circle, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola and equations of their tangents and normals, mensuration.
Measures of angles, trigonometric and inverse trigonometric functions, trigonometric identities including addition formulae, solutions of trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, heights and distances.
Sequences - bounded sequences, monotone sequences, limit of a sequence. Functions - one-one functions, onto functions. Limit, continuity and differentiability of functions of a single real variable. Derivatives and methods of differentiation, slope of a curve, tangents and normals, maxima and minima, use of calculus in sketching graphs of functions. Methods of integration, definite and indefinite integrals, evaluation of areas using integrals.
The Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) are a group of premier science education and research institutes in India established by the Government of India, through the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). There are seven IISERs across the country namely IISER Kolkata in West Bengal, IISER Pune in Maharashtra, IISER Mohali in Punjab, IISER Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh, IISER Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala, IISER Berhampur in Odisha and IISER Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh.
IISERs are a unique initiative in science education in India in which teaching and education will be totally integrated with the state-of-the-art research nurturing both curiosity and creativity in an intellectually vibrant atmosphere of research. Each IISER is a central government funded autonomous institution awarding its own Masters and Doctoral degrees. IISERs are destined to become Science Institutes of the highest caliber and reach the prestigious position in the global setting that IISc, IIMs and IITs presently enjoy.
Integrated Masters (M.S.): 5 year Integrated BS-MS Dual Degree programme
It is a five year dual degree programme for bright and motivated science students who have passed class XII. The program integrates classroom learning with research and provides ample scope for multidisciplinary interactions. The first two years of the program consist of core courses in basic sciences, the third and fourth years are dedicated to specialization in chosen science subjects and the fifth year includes a research project. The training during the program enables students to pursue a career in academia, R&D institutes and science based industries.
Scholarship KVPY scholars admitted to IISERs would draw fellowship as per KVPY norms. In addition a limited number of INSPIRE scholarships will be available for candidates admitted through JEE Advanced and SCB channel as applicable as per the norms prescribed by DST INSPIRE scheme.
|Application portal for all channels opens||22th May 2017|
|Last Date for KVPY channel||12th June 2017|
|Last Date for IIT JEE ADV channel||19th June 2017|
|Last date for SCB channel||18nd June 2017|
|IISER Aptitude test (for SCB)||25th July 2017|
|Results (SCB)||4th July 2017|
|Seat Allocation(under SCB)||July 5th 2017|
- Indian nationals, and students belonging to PIO or OCI category are eligible to apply provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria.
Candidates will be admitted to IISER only through these channels:
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
- Joint Entrance Examination of Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT–JEE) channel
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB) channel
KVPY Channel :
Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2017-18 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions. Additional cut off criteria may be applicable.
JEE Channel :
Candidates in General category securing a rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2017 are eligible to apply. For candidates belonging to reserved category (OBCNC, SC, ST, PD), their category rank would be used. Additional cut off criteria may be applicable
A maximum of 50% of the seats will be filled through KVPY and JEE channels. Remaining seats will be filled through the SCB channel based on the merit in the IISER aptitude test. Unfilled seats from KVPY and JEE channels will be added to the SCB channel for allotment.
Students with marks equal or above the cut off percentage in class XII board examination in their respective boards are eligible to apply.
Non-Creamy Layer of the OBC (OBCNC) and PD categories - 5% relaxation.
SC, ST and Kashmiri Migrants (KM) candidates – cut off is 55% in class XII for all boards. Students applying through SCB channel will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test which will be conducted at various centres across the country.
|Jammu & Kashmir||84.4|
IISER Aptitude Test:
The format of the Aptitude Test is as follows
- Multiple-choice questions in four subjects – Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics
- 15 questions in each subject (total: 60)
- Duration: 180 minutes
- Score: +3 (correct response), 0 (no response), -1 (wrong response)
Syllabus follows a general guideline of NCERT syllabus for class XI and XII.
- Combined total number of seats available in all IISERs - 1285.
- Berhampur — 100
- Bhopal — 260
- Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram — 200
- Tirupati — 125.
All IISERs admit students through a common application process. One application form is valid for all IISERs.
A candidate may apply to IISERs through multiple channels provided he meets the eligibility criteria for each of the channels he wants to apply through. It requires separate application and payment of application fee for each channel. There is a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 2000/- (Rs. 1000/- for candidates applying under SC/ST category, Physically Disabled and Kashmiri Migrants)
The Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), a 'Deemed to be University' under Section 3 of the UGCAct 1956, established by the Department of Space(DOS), Government of India, offers undergraduate, post-graduate,doctoral and post-doctoral programmes in broad areas of space science, technology and applications
Undergraduate programmes at IIST:
IIST offers the following undergraduate programmes in the academic year 2017-18.
- B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering – 60 seats Duration- 4 years
- B.Tech. in Avionics – 60 seats Duration - 4 years
- Dual Degree (B.Tech. and M.S./M.Tech.) - 20 seats Duration - 5 years
In the Dual Degree programme, students receive on successful completion of the 5-year (10 semesters) programme, a B.Tech. degree in Engineering Physics and a M.S./M.Tech. degree in one of the following four streams.
M.S. in Astronomy and Astrophysics
M.S. in Earth System Science
M.S. in Solid State Physics
M.Tech. in Optical Engineering
There is no option to exit the program with a B.Tech degree.
Students will give their preference for the M.S./M.Tech. specialization at the end of sixth semester. They will pursue one of the four specializations based on their academic performance (C.G.P.A) up to the sixth semester.
Eligibility for undergraduate admission
Citizenship - Only Indian citizens
Date of Birth:
General category and Other Backward Classes categories - on or after October 1, 1992.
SC,ST and Persons with Disabilities (PD) categories - on or after October 1, 1987.
Qualifying Examination (10+2 or Equivalent):
Qualifying Examination, with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects of the curriculum. GEN and OBC categories - an aggregate of at least 75% marks in PCM in the qualifying examination SC/ST/PD - an aggregate of at least 65% marks in PCM subjects in the qualifying examination.
JEE (Main) and JEE (Advanced) – 2017 Examinations
Candidates should appear for the Joint Entrance Examination (Main)-2017 conducted by CBSE to qualify themselves to appear for Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced)-2017 conducted by IITs and secure the minimum prescribed category-wise marks in JEE (Advanced)-2017 as given below :
a. General Candidates (GEN): At least 20% marks in aggregate and at least 5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics Chemistry and Mathematics).
b. Other Backward Community – Non Creamy Layer OBC (NCL) Candidates: At least 18% marks in aggregate and at least 4.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics Chemistry and Mathematics).
c. SC, ST & PD Candidates: At least 10% marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics Chemistry and Mathematics).
Online registration of application - 22nd May to 12th June
As per the reservation policy of Government of India(i) Scheduled Castes (SC) : 15% (ii) Scheduled Tribes (ST) : 7.5% (iii) Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) : 27% (iv) Persons with Disabilities (PD) : 3% (Horizontal Reservation)
IIST admission rank list
Candidate must apply separately for admission to IIST by registering at the online application portal. IIST Admission Rank list will be generated only for those candidates who have registered online for the admission to IIST and satisfying all the prescribed eligibility criteria. Rank list will be based on their position in the All-India JEE MAIN Rank list (including category rank) prepared and published by CBSE.
IIST Rank List for Admission:
Opening and Closing JEE(MAIN) AI category wise ranks of candidates admitted to B.Tech programmes in IIST during 2016:
|Branch||No. of Candidates Joined||GENERAL||
|Dual Degree (B.Tech and MS/M.Tech)||20||850||5267||597||2101||485||1197||901||2265|
Online application for admission to undergraduate programmes
Students should have their JEE (Main)-2017 Roll Number, JEE (Advanced)-2017 Roll Number and a valid email id.
Registration Fee(Details as per IIST 2016 Bulletin)
Candidates should register their application only through online portal, download and print the Challan to remit the registration fee.
Male candidates in GEN and OBC Rs. 600/- (Six Hundred only)
Female candidates in GEN and OBC Rs. 300/ and all SC, ST, PD candidates Rs.300/.
Payment can made in any one of the branches of State Bank of India (SBI) or Union Bank of India (UBI), on the next working day onwards, after the date of successful completion of Online Registration, using a Challan that has been downloaded and printed from our website. The Registration fee is non-refundable.
Absorption in ISRO/DOS for B.Tech students joining IIST from the academic year 2013-14 onwards:
- B.Tech students would be provided financial assistance based on their academic performance,by DOS.
- ISRO/DOS will have the first right to absorb them, subject to the human resource requirements of ISRO/DOS.
- The job absorption will be as per the recruitment norms of ISRO/DOS Centres for IIST graduates.
- To be eligible for absorption in ISRO/DOS, the student should have completed the B.Tech. Programme in four years or a dual degree programme in five years with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 7.5 out of 10. However, the eligible student(s) will be offered absorption in the order of Merit, only to the extent of vacancies notified by ISRO Headquarters for the purpose of absorption in the year of completion of the course. Students will not have any claim for absorption in ISRO/DOS against the other vacancies or the vacancies notified for absorption occurring thereafter in ISRO/DOS Establishments during subsequent years.
- Students who are offered a job in ISRO/DOS are mandated to serve as Scientist/Engineer-'SC' in any ISRO/DOS centres for a minimum period of 3 years. On failing to accept the job offer, a student is liable to pay Rs.10 lakhs to IIST/DOS as per the Surety Bond (on a Rs.100/- Non-Judicial paper duly signed by the student, parent and surety) executed at the time of admission to B.Tech Programme in IIST.
- If absorbed, they will be posted as Scientist/Engineer-'SC' in any ISRO/DOS Centre. Currently, Scientist/Engineer-‘SC’ is placed with an initial pay of Rs. 21,000 (in the Pay Band PB-3 of Rs. 15,600-39,100 with a Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/-) + Dearness Allowance & House Rent Allowance (as applicable).
Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT University) is a premier educational Institution in Tamilnadu. VIT University has two campuses, the main campus at Vellore and a new campus at Chennai. The university offers 25 Undergraduate, 30 Postgraduate and 4 Integrated Programmes and 4 Research programmes.
VIT has launched two more campuses in Amaravati(Andhra Pradesh) and at Bhopal (MP).
VIT has launched its Andhra Pradesh campus at Amaravati. Classes at VIT AP campus will begin from the academic session 2017.
The following programmes are being offered in 2017-18 academic session. Admission is through VITEEE
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Data Analytics
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Networking & Security
- B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering
5-year Integrated M.Tech Software Engineering (entry after 12th standard)
Keeping in view of the growing need among aspiring students from across India for education and professionalism, VIT University has embarked on a newest campus at Madhya Pradesh capital, the city of Bhopal. VIT Bhopal campus is strategically located on the Bhopal-Indore National highway, 60 kilometers outside Bhopal.
VIT Bhopal will offer core engineering programmes such as Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, leading to B. Tech degree, and allied subject programmes such as BCA, MCA, B.Com, etc, are also offered.
Admission to undergraduate programmes is made on the basis of all India entrance examination, called Vellore Institute of technology Engineering Entrance examination (VITEEE). Around 2.1 Lakh candidates appeared for the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) in 2016.
Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1995 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2017
Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2017 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the SC/ST & North Eastern State.
Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
'NIOS' candidates are eligible to appear for the VITEEE-2017.
|Issue of VITEEE-2017 Application Forms||09th Nov 2016|
|Last Date for issue/receipt of Application Forms||15thMar 2017|
|VITEEE-2017||5th to 16th April 2017|
|Declaration of Results (Tentative)||24th April 2017|
|Cost of Online application form||Rs.970|
|Cost of Off line application form||Rs.990|
Exam Timings (IST):
I session - 9.00 am to 11.30 am
II session - 12.30 pm to 3.00 pm
III session - 4.00 pm to 6.30 pm
Number of examination days in a particular centre is based on the total number of application registered in that centre.
Language of the Exam - English
Multiple Choice Objective Questions
40 questions each from Maths,Physics and Chemistry
5 questions from English
No negative Marks
Total No.of questions - 125
Total Duration - 150 min.
Candidates attempting Parts-Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics are eligible for all the 20 programmes (engineering) offered. Candidates attempting Parts-Physics, Chemistry & Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bio-Medical Engineering, B.Tech.Biotechnology and B.Tech. Computer Science and Engg (Spec.in Bioinformatics) programmes only. The selection of pattern (Physics/ Chemistry / Mathematics or Biology) has to be mentioned on the application form itself.
A mock test designed to provide the candidates to be aware of the procedure and to get use to the various components of the exams, will be available to the candidates on the website www.vit.ac.in
The e-Admit card will be generated once the candidate has booked his/her schedule through the Online Test Booking System before the last date. It can be downloaded from the website. The copy of the e-Admit card will also be emailed to the candidate. It will not be dispatched to candidates via post or fax. Candidate should take a print out of the e-Admit card using the print option on A4 size paper only. The candidate will not be permitted to appear for the test without valid e-Admit card. Admit card will not be processed if the Application is incomplete.
Equating is a statistical process that is used to adjust scores on test forms (that are approximately equivalent) so that scores on the forms can be used interchangeably. Thus, equating is used to adjust scores of candidates who have taken different forms of a test, in order to facilitate meaningful and fair comparison for merit list and ranking of these candidates. The statistical procedure of Equipercentile Equating would be used by VIT to identify the percentile ranks for candidates, such that scores on different forms with the same percentile rank are considered to be equivalent. Thus, Percentile Rank is a unique and invariant position of the test taker in that group. A percentile Rank, say 90 Percentile Rank denotes that there are 90 percent of test takers scores below this score level and 10 percent above this test score. Candidates are advised not to make assumptions and predictions of their score or rank based on their own estimates of raw scores.
Counselling procedure for allocation of seats/branch: The counselling for allocation of branches to the short-listed candidates is based on their All India Rank (AIR) in the VITEEE-2017.
- Common system of selection and admission process through a single window system would be followed which is common across Vellore/Chennai/VIT-AP/VIT Bhopal(MP).
- Counselling would be conducted at all the four campuses.
- After the counselling for a particular date is over, the number of seats branchwise available for allotment next day would be uploaded on VIT website.
- VITEEE 2017 rank holders 1 to 99,999 are eligible to attend the counselling at Vellore/Chennai/VIT-AP.
- Rank holders 1,00,000 and above are not eligible for admission at Vellore/Chennai/VIT-AP campuses.
- VIT Bhopal(MP) - Rank holders upto 1,50,000 are eligible for admission in VIT Bhopal (MP) campus.
- Candidates an attend counselling only once.
|8001 - 14000||11/05/2017|
|14,001 - 20,000||12/05/2017|
|20,001 - 25,000||15/05/2017|
|25,001 - 40,000||16/05/2017|
|40,001 - 55,000||17/05/2017|
|55,001 - 70,000||18/05/2017|
|70,001 - 85,000||19/05/2017|
|85,001 - 99,999>||22/05/2017|
Phase 1 Counselling:
The selected candidates need to submit the following:
- DD for Rs.50000 in favour of VIT University payable at Vellore. This includes the amount of Rs.12,000 for counselling processing fee and is not refundable. In case the student joins the university it would be adjusted in the fees.
- Separate crossed DD for Rs.12,000 for hostel accommodation(in case a candidate requires hostel accommodation)
- Balance fee needs to be paid before 12th June 2017,either through DD or online payment.
Phase 2 Counselling:
- For group A - DD for minimum amount of Rs.2,00,000 drawn in favour of VIT University payable at Vellore.
- Separate crossed DD for Rs.12,000 for hostel accommodation(in case a candidate requires hostel accommodation)
- Balance fee needs to be paid before 12th June 2017,either through DD or online payment.
For group B - DD for minimum amount of Rs.3,00,000 drawn in favour of VIT University payable at Vellore.
Documents to be submitted:
- VITEEE eAdmit card, Counselling admit card, Rank card
- Self attested copy of Aadhar card
- Class X board certificate or Proof of age certificate
- Qualifying exam Class XII - marks sheet or admit card
- Student profile
- Other affidavits like caste certificate etc
Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination 2017 is scheduled to be conducted in the month of April 2017.
Computer Based Test (CBT) - April 20-23, 2017
Pen & Paper Based Test (P&P) - April 29 2017
P&P based exam would be held in the states of Tamil Nadu,Karnataka and Kerala.
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is a University established under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. The University focuses on higher education and research in the areas of Engineering, Medicine, Management, Science, Education, Mass Communication and Social Work. The University has five campuses at Amritapuri (Kollam), Bengaluru, Coimbatore, Kochi and Mysore. A new campus is being proposed at Chennai.
Amrita Visha Vidyapeetham conducts its Engineering Entrance Examination every year on an all India basis for admission to the 4 year B.Tech Degree programmes offered in the three campuses at Amritapuri (Kollam), Bengaluru and Ettimadai (Coimbatore).Amrita University proposed a new campus for school of engineering at Vengal, Chennai. Candidates who satisfiy the eligibility criteria will be admitted to the first year of B.Tech programmes through counselling, based on their ranks in the Entrance Examination.
B.Tech Programmes offered at different campuses:
|1||Aerospace||- -||- -||Yes|
Amrita School of Engineering, Chennai (Proposed Campus)
1) B.Tech . in Civil Engineering
2) B.Tech . in Computer Science and Engineering
3) B.Tech . in Electronics and Communication Engineering
4) B.Tech . in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
5) B.Tech . in Mechanical Engineering
Commencement of Application Sales (OMR and Online) - 1st December 2016
Age - Candidates shall be born on or after 1st July 1996.
Educational Qualification - A pass in 10+2 ( class XII ) or its equivalent securing an aggregate of 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry with not less than 55% marks in each of these three subjects. ( OR )
Minimum eligibility for management quota is an aggregate of 80% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
Note: Those who appear for the above examinations in March / April 2017 and expect to secure minimum marks as above, may also apply.
Paper Pattern - AEEE 2017:
Duration of the Examination is 2 1/2 hours
Objective type questions in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
Four answer choices of which only one is correct/ most appropriate.
Medium of the Exam - English.
Each correct answer - 3 marks
Incorrect answer has a penalty (-1 mark)
|Distribution of questions and marks is as below|
|Mathematics||40 questions||120 marks|
|Physics||30 questions||90 marks|
|Chemistry||30 questions||90 marks|
Total questions - 100
Total marks - 300
Rank List will be prepared based on the score in the Entrance Examination 2017. Counselling for admission will be in May / June 2017.
Counselling for admission will be in May / June 2017:
Counselling will be conducted simultaneously in the three campuses namely Amritapuri, Bengaluru, and Coimbatore. Candidate can appear for counselling in any one of the three campuses and opt a branch in any campus according to his/ her preference and availability of seat.
The seat allotment is based on rank in AEEE-2017 and the satisfaction of the eligibility criteria as per the handbook.
A certain percentage of seats in each campus will be earmarked for the candidates who passed 12th class from the respective states in which the University Campus is located. State from where the candidate studied and passed Plus Two / Higher Secondary will be the criterion for allotment of state based quota of seats and scholarships.
A non-refundable fee of Rs. 10,000/- (by Demand Draft) needs to be paid by the candidate as counselling charges.
Before seat allotment, each candidate has to pay Rs. 50,000/- by demand draft as part of tuition fees. Candidates are required to pay the balance fees and complete all other formalities within the time limit prescribed in the Seat Allotment Order.Syllabus
Application Fee: Rs. 1000/- for CBT as well as P&P. Application fee once paid will not be refunded.
It can be obtained online or off line.
From sale outlets (Post Office, Dhanlaxmi Bank and Federal Bank) on payment of Rs. 1000/-.
By post, from the Admission Co-ordinators of Amrita Schools of Engineering at Amritapuri, Bengaluru and Coimbatore, on a written request indicating their full communication address together with a Demand Draft for Rs. 1000/- drawn in favour of Amrita School of Engineering payable at Coimbatore.
Direct from the University counter ofAmrita Schools of Engineering atAmritapuri, Bengaluru and Coimbatore on producing a demand draft for Rs. 1000/- as above.
Duly filled-in application form shall be sent in the pre-addressed cover to the following address ONLY:
The Admissions Co-ordinator
Amrita School of Engineering, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham,
(P.O) Amritanagar, Ettimadai , Coimbatore 641 112, Tamil Nadu. Phone: 0422 - 2685169 / 170 .
Click here for AEEE 2016 Model paper
CUSAT(Cochin University of Science and Technology)is a premier Science and Technology University of the country.The University rises to the expectations of student community by offering very specialized courses in Naval Architecture, Polymer Technology, Photonics, Safety and Fire Engineering and Marine Engineering apart from a host of traditional science and engineering courses.
CUSAT is academically structured into 9 faculties: Engineering, Environmental Studies, Humanities, Law, Marine Sciences, Medical Sciences & Technology, Science, Social Sciences and Technology.
There are three separate campuses, two in Cochin and one at Pulinkunnoo, Alleppey.
CUSAT offers under graduate, post graduate and doctoral programmes in various fields like engineering, science etc. However the admission process for under graduate programmes is being discussed here.
Pass in the Plus Two Examination of the State of Kerala with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as optional subjects or any other examination accepted as equivalent thereto securing a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together. However, detailed information about the eligibility criteria for different engineering programmes can be seen in the CUSAT CAT prospectus.
|Date of Notification for CUSAT CAT||08.02.2017|
|Online registration for CAT||08.02.2017 to 06.03.2017|
|Remittance of fee at bank||08.03.2107|
|Online registration by international students||30.04.2017|
|Downloading the Admit Card||15.04.2017 to 30.04.2017|
|Date of CUSAT CAT||30.04.2017 (9.30 am - 12.30pm)|
About CUSAT CAT:
Total no.of questions: 250 objective type multiple choice questions.
No.of questions from Mathematics: 125 out of 250
No.of questions from Physics and Chemistry: 125 out of 250
Ratio of Physics to Chemistry questions: 3:2
Duration of the exam:3 hrs
Marks and Scoring
The CAT score will be calculated as per the formula, S = 3R - 1W, where S is the CAT score, R is the number of right answers and W is the number of wrong answers. (3 marks for each correct response and 1 negative mark for each incorrect response)
A separate minimum score of 10 marks in each of the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is compulsory for being qualified to be included in the rank list. This requirement of minimum marks, however, will not be applicable for candidates coming under SC/ST communities.
The admission to following courses is based on the score in this test.
5-year Integrated M.Sc. in Photonics
B. Tech. course in Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Information Technology, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Safety & Fire Engineering.
B. Tech. course in Instrumentation Technology
B. Tech. Naval Architecture & Ship Building
B. Tech. Polymer Science & Engineering
CUSAT CAT will be conducted on All India basis with test centres in Dubai*, New Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Jamshedpur, Allahabad, Lucknow, Patna, Bokaro, Ranchi, Varanasi, Kota and all the District Head Quarters of Kerala; viz. Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Adoor (Pathanamthitta), Thodupuzha (Idukki), Alappuzha, Kottayam, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Palakkad, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Kannur, Kalpetta (Wayanad) and Kasaragod.
SRM University is one of the well known universities in India and offers a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in Engineering, Management, Medicine and Health sciences, and Science and Humanities. The University has its own Engineering Entrance Examination called SRMJEEE through which students are admitted to B.Tech programmes.
SRM University has campuses at the following places:
SRM University, Kattankulathur Campus
SRM University, Ramapuram Campus
SRM University, Vadapalani Campus
SRM University, NCR Campus, Delhi
SRM University Haryana, Sonepat
SRM University Sikkim, Gangtok
SRM University has 7 schools of Engineering and their respective departments.
- School of Civil Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- School of Computing
- School of Bio Engineering
- School of Basic Sciences
- School of Architecture and Interior Design
The admission will be purely on the basis of the performance in the Engineering Entrance Examination conducted by SRM University.The candidates short-listed based on their performance in the entrance examination will be called for the counseling,details of which would be announced along with the results.
To encourage and support students of exemplary talent, SRM University offers direct admission and scholarships to first rank students of all the central and state boards in India, top 1000 rankers in IIT JEE, top rankers in each district of Tamil Nadu and exemplary sports persons at National and International level.
Qualifying examination - Engineering & Technology:
For Kattankulathur, Ramapuram and Vadapalani campuses:
Minimum 60 % aggregate in PCM.
For NCR, Delhi campus: Minimum 55 % aggregate in PCM
(i) Passed in Higher secondary examination (10+2 pattern) or appearing in Higher Secondary examination in the current academic year with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as major subjects in regular stream from any state board within India, CBSE, ISCE, Matriculation, or NIOS
(ii) International Baccalaureate (IB) A-level with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as major subjects in any International schools within India.
SRMJEEE (UG) will be conducted only in online mode during the test window 1st April 2017 to 30th April 2017. The Centre of Examination and the session, once allotted to the candidate, cannot be changed under any circumstances.
Question paper will be only in English
Online mode, duration of the Examination 2: 30 Hours
Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
Each MCQ has one choice as the correct answer out of the four given.
|Submission of Online Application||18th Nov 2016|
|Slot booking for Online Examination||March 2017|
|Online Entrance Examination||1st April to 30th April 2017|
|Publication of result and Counseling information||2nd May 2017|
Pattern of Question paper of SRMJEEE(UG) 2017
Part 1: Physics 35 questions - 105 marks
Part 2: Chemistry 35 questions - 105 marks
Part 3: Mathematics 35 questions - 105 marks
Part 4: Biology 50 questions - 105 marks
No Negative marking
Total marks - 315 marks
- Online with e-payment / Unique Voucher Code - Use the URL www.srmuniv.ac.in/admissions, register and pay online / use prepaid Unique Voucher Code.
- Direct - Those candidates can who obtain the OMR application form should send the filled application to the university address so as to reach before the specified last date.
- Candidates will be invited for counseling session based on the score obtained in SRMJEEE (UG)
- One or more counseling sessions will be held depending on the vacancy of seats.
- Candidates can choose their preferred specialization / branch of study in a particular campus based on
(a) the cut-off score for the specified specialization / branch
(b) fulfilling the programme-specific eligibility criteria for a particular campus and
(c) subject to the availability of seats at that point of time.
- If a candidate falls short of the cut-off score for a preferred specialization / branch for a particular campus, the candidate can choose to retake the SRMJEEE (UG) to improve the individual score, subject to a maximum of TWO retakes. In that case the best score out of the three scores (first attempt + 2 retakes) will be considered while choosing/allocating the preferred specialization / branch, subject to the conditions laid out in (3) above.
- A one-time programme sliding within the campus is permitted subject to availability of seats and eligibility based on cut-off score. The sliding will be considered, at appropriate time as decided by the university, ONLY for those candidates who have submitted the option to be considered for sliding.
- Upon selection of specialization / branch full tuition fees and other applicable fees have to be paid at the time of counseling
- rovisional Allotment Letter (PAL) will be issued to confirm the candidate’s admission.
Counseling – I (On-campus) : 5th May to 9th May 2017
Counseling – II (online) : 11th May 2017 onwards (only for those programmes where vacancy exists)
Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal, a constituent institute of Manipal University, established in 1957, is one of the first self-financing engineering colleges in the country.
The University has off-campuses in Mangalore and Bangalore, and off-shore campuses in Dubai(UAE) and Melaka (Malaysia). The Mangalore campus offers medical, dental, and nursing programs. The Bangalore Campus offers programs in Regenerative Medicine. The Dubai campus offers programs in engineering, management and architecture, and the Melaka campus offers programs in medicine and dentistry.
MIT offers 16 Undergraduate and 25 Postgraduate programmes.
The Manipal Group, a pioneer in higher education services with a 60-year-old legacy of excellence, also owns and operates campuses in Sikkim and Jaipur in India, and in Nepal, Malaysia, and Antigua, in the Caribbean.
Admission to various courses is through Manipal University Online Entrance Test(MU-OET).
Pass in 10+2, A Level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or any technical vocational subjects as optional with a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects
Minimum score required in MO OET - 50% marks is required to qualify in the Entrance Exam
Last date for filling/submission of form - 11/03/2017
Online Test Booking dates:
- 1st and 2nd attempt - 24/03/2017 - 10/04/2017
- 3rd Attempt - 15/05/2017 and 16/05/2017
MU OET Test Dates:
- 1st and 2nd attempt dates - 24/04/2017 to 15/05/2017
- 3rd attempt - 17/05/2017
- MU OET 2017 Result - 23/05/2017
An applicant is allowed to take a second attempt if she/he is not satisfied with his/her performance in the first test. The best of two scores is considered for the merit list.
The applicant has to again pay the entrance test fee for the Online Test Booking System and book the available slot for the second test. The payment option for the second test will be enabled in the Online Test Booking System only after the applicant has taken the first test.
It is decided to provide 3rd attempt as an additional attempt for BTech aspirants. 3rd attempt will be applicable only to those candidates who have taken the 1st and 2nd attempt.
The applicant has to again pay the entrance test fee for the Online Test Booking System and book the available slot for the third test. The payment option for the third test will be enabled in the Online Test Booking System only after the applicant has taken the second test.
MU OET Test Fee – Rs.2000
The approximate distribution of questions is as follows:
Physics -50, Chemistry-50, Mathematics -70, English & General Aptitude-30
Four responses of which one only is the correct or most appropriate answer.
Each question carries one mark. No negative marking.
The final score will be displayed on the screen immediately after the completion of the test. The candidate should acknowledge the score in the printout of the score card in the presence of the invigilator.
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and General English include questions based on the 10+2 syllabus followed by major 10+2 Boards /Universities.
General Category: Based on the marks obtained in MU-OET, Manipal University will declare a list of all candidates appeared for the entrance test on or before 26.05.2017 in the website. In case of two or more candidates obtain equal marks, the inter-se merit of such candidates will be determined on the basis of higher marks in the order of preference as under:
- Mathematics in MU-OET 2017
- Physics in MU-OET 2017
- Chemistry in MU-OET2017
- PCM marks in 10+2
In case marks secured in the above are equal, the candidate senior in age will be ranked higher
Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy, known as SASTRA University, is a deemed university in the town of Thirumalaisamudram, Thanjavur district, Tamil Nadu, India. SASTRA University offers undergraduate and post graduate courses in Engineering, Science, Education, Management, Law and Arts besides various Doctoral programmes.
SASTRA has its main campus in Thanjavur and also has on off-campus centre called Srinivasa Ramanujam Centre at Kumbakonam.
Programmes offered at Thanjavur campus:
- B.Tech Programmes:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Information & Communication Technology
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
M.Tech programmes(integrated 5 year degree course)
- Advanced Manufacturing (13)
- Automobile Engineering (13)
- Chemical Engineering (6)
- Bioinformatics (3)
- Communication Systems (9)
- Construction Engineering & Management (5)
- Biotechnology (4)
- Instrumentation & Control (10)
- Medical Nonotechnology (2)
- Power Systems (8)
- Structural Engineering (5)
B.Tech programmes at SRC Kumbakonam:
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
Admission to the B.Tech. / 5-year Integrated M.Tech. programmes will be conducted under two streams. All the applicants will be eligible for both the stream and need not submit two separate application form. This application forms will be considered for both the streams.
- Stream 1 (based on JEE (Main) 2017 and +2 Marks) for 70% of seats
- Stream 2 (based on +2 marks) for 30% of seats
Stream 1 Admission: Applicants under Stream 1 will be admitted to 70% of the seats based on JEE(Main) 2017 scores and normalized +2 marks. The weightage for JEE Main scores and +2 marks will be 25% & 75% respectively. The aggregate JEE Main score and normalized +2 aggregate will be taken together as per the weightage and applicants will be ranked based on the resultant combined score.
Stream 2 Admission: Applicants under Stream 2 will be admitted based on their normalized aggregate +2 or its equivalent marks. This is for 30% of the total seats. To bring all candidates from different examining authorities/ boards in the same scale of comparison and to create a list in the order of merit, the +2 or its equivalent aggregate marks will be normalized. A merit list is drawn based on the normalized percentage for making admissions for the 30% of the total seats.
- 20% (10%+10%) of total intake will be offered to the students from Trichy and Thanjavur Districts, provided the applicant has completed both X and XII from any school located in Trichy or Thanjavur District.
- 30% of the intake will be offered to those who complete X and XII in schools within Tamilnadu (Puducherry included).
- The remaining 50% will be for students who have completed X and XII in schools outside Tamilnadu.
A pass in the +2 (or) its equivalent examination with Mathematics & Physics as compulsory subjects with either Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology and recognized by any State Board / Central Board or any other accepted by SASTRA as equivalent to 10+2 (or) its equivalent examination, with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology obtained in a single sitting.
Students with diploma in Engineering / Technology are eligible for direct admission to the second year of the relevant B.Tech. Programme.
The candidate should not have completed 19 years as on 1.7.2017. (21 years for Lateral Entry)
- In person from the
Office of Admissions at SASTRA University campus in Thanjavur or Kumbakonam or
at Registered Office in Chennai (5, Lakshmi Nivas, Dr.Subburayan Nagar, Kodambakkam, Chennai 600 024 (Behind Hotel Brown Star, Samiyar Madam Bus Stop. Phone No.: 044-24838029) on payment of Rs.600/-
- At select branches of City Union Bank.
- As downloadable forms from the SASTRA website
- Through post on receipt of DD for Rs.650/- favouring SASTRA payable at Thanjavur. DD must be sent to Office of Admissions, SASTRA University, Thanjavur – 613 401, Tamil Nadu.
- Through Online submission of application from SASTRA website.
|Issue of Application forms for all programmes||April 05, 2017|
|Last date for submitting filled applications forms||June 10, 2017 (6.00 p.m.)|
|Release of Rank List||June 10, 2017 (9.00 p.m.)|
|Counselling for Admission||June 19,20,21 & 22 - 2017|
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is a University established under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. The University is spread across the following five campuses in three states of India: Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, with the University headquarters at Ettimadai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
- Kerala : Amritapuri (Kollam) and Kochi
- Tamil Nadu: Coimbatore
- Karnataka: Bengaluru and Mysuru
A new campus for School of Engineering is proposed at Vengal, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
The University offers over 200 undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes in Engineering, Business, Arts & Sciences, Biotechnology, Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, and Ayurveda.
Amrita University conducts Entrance Examination every year on an all India basis for admission to the 4 year B.Tech Programmes offered in the Amrita Schools of Engineering under the University at its Amritapuri, Coimbatore and Bengaluru campuses. This examination is referred to as “Amrita Entrance ExaminationEngineering,” in short as AEEE.
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham offers the following undergraduate B.Tech. Programmes in the existing and proposed campuses:
Amrita School of engineering, Amritapuri
Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Amrita School of Engineering, Bengaluru
Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering
Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore
Aerospace Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Amrita School of Engineering, Chennai Campus (Proposed Campus)
Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering
Age: Candidate’s shall be born on or after 1st july 1996.
Educational Qualification: A pass in 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent examination securing an aggregate of 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry with not less than 55% in each of these three subjects.
Minimum eligibility for management quota is an aggregate of 80% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
AEEE - Mode of Entrance Examination
AEEE-2017 will be conducted in two separate modes, namely Computer Based Test (CBT) and Pen & Paper Based Test (P&P). Candidates can choose either CBT or P&P mode as per their Choice.
Computer Based Test (CBT) Dates
- 20th April 2017
- 21st April 2017
- 22nd April 2017
- 23rd April 2017
Number of operating slots will depend on the number of candidates in each centre. Candidates writing AEEE-2017 in different slots will get different question sets. Before finalising the question sets, an expert committee will ensure that the question sets are of comparable standards with respect to content, nature of questions and difficulty level. The decision of the expert committee in this matter will be final and binding on the candidates.
Pen and Paper Test (P&P)
29th April 2017 (Saturday) 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM P&P test is conducted in one slot only.
Printed question booklets in 4 different versions are distributed among the candidates. An expert committee will ensure that the question set of P&P is of comparable standard with respect to content, nature of questions and difficulty level when compared with the question sets of computer based test. The decision of the expert committee in this matter will be final and binding on the candidates.
AEEE Test Pattern:
Duration - 2 ½ hours
Single paper,100 objective type (multiple choice types) questions in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry with four answers of which one is correct / most appropriate.
Each correct answer will fetch 3 marks.
For every incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted from the total score. If no response is indicated in the answer sheet against a question, no marks, positive or negative will be awarded. If more than one answer is indicated against a question, it will be treated as “incorrect answer” and negative mark will be awarded.
Distribution of questions and marks is as follows:
Application for AEEE-2017
To apply for AEEE-2017, the eligible and interested candidates should submit application in the prescribed form either ONLINE at www.amrita.edu/aeee or using printed OMR application form.
Application Fee: The prescribed application fee for AEEE-2017 is Rs. 1000/-
Important Dates to Remember
- Commencement of Online Registration - 01st December 2016 (Thursday)
- Commencement of OMR application sales - 01st December 2016 (Thursday)
- Last date for submitting Online Application - 31st March 2017 (Friday)
- Filled-in OMR application should reach by- 31st March 2017 (Friday)
- Declaration of AEEE-2017 Rank - 5th May 2017 (Friday)
Publication of rank list
Rank List will be prepared based on the score in the AEEE-2017 and the Rank list will be published in the University website on or before 5th May 2017 (Friday).
Counselling and Admission
Counselling will be arranged simultaneously in the three campuses namely Amritapuri, Bengaluru, and Coimbatore. Candidate can appear for counselling in any one of the three campuses and opt a branch in any campus according to his/ her preference and availability of seat.
A certain percentage of seats in each campus will be earmarked for the candidates who passed 12th class from the respective states in which the University Campus is located. State from where the candidate studied and passed Plus Two / Higher Secondary will be the criterion for allotment of state based quota of seats and scholarships. A non-refundable fee of Rs. 10,000/- (by Demand Draft) needs to be paid by the candidate as counselling charges.
Scholarship Scheme for B.Tech. Programme 2017 -18
Scholarship Based on Rank in Amrita Entrance Examination-Engineering 2017:
10% of students admitted are eligible for scholarship in the first year of B.Tech. in each of the four campuses based on merit. This will be renewed in subsequent years as per the University rules. It is awarded as waiver of tuition fees ranging from 90% to 25% depending on the rank in the Amrita Entrance Examination-Engineering (AEEE) 2017.
Number of Scholarships awarded under this scheme will be as below:
- Amritapuri Campus - 48 Numbers
- Bengaluru Campus- 54 Numbers
- Coimbatore Campus- 102 Numbers
- Chennai Campus - 30 Numbers
If a scholarship holder under this scheme withdraws after the admission, the next rank holder would be eligible for the scholarship.
Fee Waiver Based On High Ranks In State Board Exams and CBSE / ICSE Exams 2017:
The first 3 rank holders of all State Board Examinations are eligible for 90% waiver of Tuition Fees in all the 4 campuses.
The first 10 All India Rank Holders of CBSE and the first 10 All India Rank Holders of ICSE are also eligible for 90% waiver of Tuition Fees in all the 4 campuses.
In order to continue the fees waiver in the subsequent years under all the above schemes, the student should maintain Grade Point Average (GPA) of 7.00 in each semester and satisfy the rules framed by the University for the purpose.
IISc BS(Research) Programme
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has opened its portals to undergraduate students by introducing a four-year Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme in 2011.
About BS(Research) Programme:
The programme is organized into eight semesters. The final semester is devoted exclusively to a research project. The following major disciplines are available in the Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme:
Biology, Chemistry, Earth & Environmental Science, Materials, Mathematics, Physics
Candidates who have completed their II PUC / 12th Standard in 2016 and those who are expecting to complete their II PUC / 12th Standard in 2017 are eligible to apply. The candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects during their II PUC / 12th Standard. Candidates who have studied Biology, Statistics, Electronics, Computer Science, etc., in addition to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are also eligible to apply. The candidates must have secured a first class or 60% or equivalent grade (relaxed to pass class for SC/ST candidates) in the II PUC / 12th Standard examination.
The following four channels are used for the selection process.
- KVPY-SA [appeared in 2015 and selected for the Fellowship]
- KVPY-SB [appeared in 2016 and selected for the Fellowship]
- KVPY-SX [appeared in 2016 and selected for the Fellowship]
- KVPY Fellows selected through the Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST candidates [appeared in 2015 for SA, 2016 for SB/SX and selected for the Fellowship]
(IIT)JEE-Main: Appearing in 2017 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PWD)
(IIT)JEE-Advanced: Appearing in 2017 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PWD)
NEET-UG: Appearing in 2017 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PWD).
Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/Person with disability (PWD) and Kashmiri-Migrant (KM) candidates: As per Government of India regulations.
Online Application Procedure:
The online application may be prepared and submitted by accessing the IISc website during 01 February to 28 April 2017. The application fee is Rs. 500/- for GN/OBC/KM candidates and Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/PWD categories.
Payment of the Application Fee :
On-line Payment - Net-banking, Visa Card/ Master Card, Debit/Credit Cards.
Important dates :
Website opens for on-line submission of applications - 01.02.2017
Last date for submission of on-line applications - 28.04.2017
Depending on their performance in national examinations such as KVPY, IITJEE (Main and Advanced), and AIPMT, students will be able to avail themselves of the standard fellowships offered by agencies such as KVPY and DST-INSPIRE.