TISS conducts its own online entrance exam called TISS NET for the admission to its Full-Time (Regular) Post-Graduate Degree Programmes (M.A., M. Sc., M.H.A., M.P.H.) offered from Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, Hyderabad campuses and other locations.
TISSNET 2019 will be held on January 13, 2019, from 2 pm to 3.40 pm in 39 centers in different parts of the country.
GD/PI will be held in the month of March and the final selection result will be declared in the month of April.
The test will have 3 sections: Math and Logical reasoning, English Proficiency and General Awareness. The number of questions and marks were as follows:
|Maths and Logical Reasoning||30|
No negative marking
The detailed analysis of TISS NET exam through the years can be obtained here:Click Here for the subject wise list of topics found in TISSNET 2018
Candidates having a bachelor's degree with minimum of 3 years duration or its equivalent (under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 year bridge course pattern of study or any other pattern fulfilling the mandatory requirements of 15 years formal education) from a recognized university are eligible to apply
- At the time of applying candidates studying in 3 year degree programme should have passed in all the subjects for the 1st to 4th semesters and candidates studying in 4 year degree programmes should have passed in all the subjects for 1st to 6th semester.
- Only those candidates who will be able to complete all the requirements of their final year bachelor's degree examinations by June 08, 2019 are eligible to apply to all the programmes.
Till the time the candidate submit results of the final year degree examination, admission to any of the Master's Degree Programmes of the Institute will be provisional. The results of the final examination have to be submitted before September 30, 2019. Those who fail to do so the provisional admission stands cancelled.
Programme specific eligibility criteria can be checked here here.
The selection of candidates for different programmes happens in two stages and has three components of assessment. All candidates appear for the National entrance test (TISSNET). Based on the performance in the TISSNET examination, only short listed candidates are called for the Pre Interview Test and Personal Interview.(PIT/PI)
|National Common Written Test*||100 marks|
|Pre-Interview Test/GD||50 marks|
|Personal Interview||75 marks|
Merit List preparation:
- The weightage for TISSNET, PIT and PI is as follows for the for the preparation of final merit lists for General as well as for Reserved Category candidates.TISSNET – 40% ; PIT – 30% ; PI – 30%.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of merit and the preferences indicated by the candidates at the time of filling up the online application form (Kindly Indicate your preferences carefully as it has implications for the merit list)
- In case of a tie between two candidates, their PI marks will be compared and the one with more marks in PI will be considered, in case there is a tie in PI marks too their PIT marks will be compared and the one with more marks in PIT will be considered, in case there is a tie in PIT marks too then the Entrance test marks will be compared and the one with more marks in entrance test will be considered, in case there is a tie in Entrance marks too then the candidate higher in age will be given the seat.
|Sr.no.||Event||Mumbai, Tuljapur, Hyderabad, Guwahati|
|I||Announcement of Admissions||Ocober 30, 2018 (Tuesday)|
|II||Last Date for Online form APPLICATION / REGISTRATION for All Master's programmes||December 10, 2018 (Monday)|
|III||Last Date for receipt of application form by post||December 12, 2018 (Wednesday)|
|IV||Issue of TISS-NET Hall Ticket (Online )||December 26-27, 2018 (Wednesday-Thursday)|
|V||Pre-admission orentation Programme for SC/ST/OBC/Minority and PWD candidates will be held at Mumbai/Tuljapur/Hyderabad and Guwahati Campuses||December 23, 2018 ( Sunday)|
|VI||TISS National Entrance Test (TISS_NET) (Computer Based) at Different Centres||Sunday, January 13, 2019 ( Time: 2.00 pm to 3.40 pm )|