XAT is the second most popular management entrance examination after CAT. XAT is conducted by XLRI,Jamshedpur on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes.
Apart from XLRI,the XAT scores are used by more than 100 institutes across India. XAT score is one of the selection criteria for admission into management programmes offered by XLRI. Candidates have to first register online on the XAT website and later, have to apply separately to the each of the participating institutes including XLRI.
Short listed candidates will be put through GD and or Interview processes.
XAT is usually conducted in the month of January, the shortlist details are declared in January.
- Registration starts- Aug 20, 2018
- Registration ends- Nov 30, 2018
- Admit card download starts - Dec 20 2018
- XAT will be held on - Jan 06 2019
- XAT Result – Last week of Jan 2019
XAT Registration Fee (without late fee) –Rs. 1700/- Candidates interested in XLRI programmes need to pay an additional fee of Rs. 300/- each.
XAT Registration Fee (with late fee) –Rs. 2000/- Candidates interested in XLRI programmes need to pay an additional fee of Rs. 500/- each.
XAT 2019 Exam Structure
The exam shall consist of the following sections:
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation.
- Verbal & Logical Ability
- Decision Making
- General Knowledge
Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent in any discipline. Those completing their final examination by June 10, 2019 may also apply.
The process comprises of the following stages:
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
The GD usually has around 10 participants, the whole process is wrapped up in under 15 minutes, including the time for idea generation.
- Need for reform in Indian medical system.
- Non Indian CEO's in Indian companies: advantages and disadvantages.
- Need for reform in Indian political system.
- Is government regulation in telecom sector unjustified.
- Organizing national games is a wastage of tax payer's money.
An interview panel of 3-4 conduct the interview for around 10-15 minutes.