Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) Test is a common written test for the admission to all the Post-Graduate Institutes of Symbiosis International University. Written test is mandatory for admission into any Post-Graduate programme offered by the constituent institute of Symbiosis International University. However, it is only the first step. In addition, a candidate has to undergo the selection process of the desired Institute to qualify for the admission to the Post-Graduate programme of that Institute.
It is usually conducted in the month of December.
SNAP 2017 will be conducted on December 17, 2017 .The duration of the test will of two hours i.e. from 2 pm to 4 pm. This year the test will be conducted in Online format.Eligibility:
Graduate from any recognized / statutory University or Institute with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST). Programmes which require specific discipline/ subject specialisation need to be checked for eligibility as given by the respective Institute.
A candidate who has completed qualifying degree from any Foreign University must obtain an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). All foreign degrees/ qualifications need to be verified from AIU by the candidate before seeking admission to any programme of SIU.
Evaluation Division of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) issues equivalence certificate for foreign degrees/qualifications.
The following is the pattern of SNAP 2017 exam
|S.No||Sections||No. of Questions||TOTAL MARKS|
|2||Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||40||40|
|3||Current Affairs (of last 2 years)||30||30|
|4||Analytical & Logical Reasoning||40||40|
- Duration of exam- 120 minutes
- Negative marking - 25% of the marks allotted per question.
- Mode of examination- Online ( Computer based test )
Graduate from any recognized / statutory University or Institute with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST).A candidate who has completed qualifying degree from any Foreign University must obtain an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). All foreign degrees/ qualifications need to be verified from AIU by the candidate before seeking admission to any programme of SIU.
Shortlisting process - will done on the basis of SNAP performance.
Final selection process :Merit list will be based on the following parameters.
|SNAP Score out of 150 scaled down to 50||Group Exercise (GE)||Personal Interaction (PI)||Writing Ability Test (WAT)||Total|
|1||Online Registration for SNAP commences||August 10, 2017||snaptest.org
|2||SNAP Test Registration closes||November 24, 2017||snaptest.org|
|3||SNAP Test payment closes||November 24, 2017||snaptest.org|
|4||Admit Card||December 01, 2017 to December 17,2016||snaptest.org|
|5||SNAP Test 2017||December 17 , 2017 Time : 14.00 hrs. to 16.00 hrs.||32 Cities|
|6||SNAP Test Result||December 28, 2017||snaptest.org|
Application Fee - Rs. 1750
For the section on General English, students should focus on Idioms & Idiomatic expressions, and on parts of speech in Grammar. Apart from this, a good CAT preparation would suffice.
For the section on Logical Reasoning, it would be advisable for students to revise concepts pertaining to Puzzles, Number and Letter Series, Verbal Analogies, Coding and Decoding, Strengthening & weakening arguments, and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
For the section on Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency, a good preparation for CAT should be more than sufficient.
For the section on Current Affairs it would be advisable to focus on the current affairs of last 2 years. In addition to reading newspapers regularly, it would be advisable for a student to prepare from the following sources:
- Also, in the various issues of MBA Education & Careers magazine, focus on features like Business GK, Current Issues & Events, and Current Event Chronicle (this feature captures important tid-bits).In addition to the above, please run through the GK Model Papers feature titled, Improve your GK.
- Go through the GA Note (Study Material) booklet for stock GK (like history and geography). Also use the GAT papers, each with 50 questions.
- Manorama & CSR Year Book – it helps in preparation for stock type questions
In Manorama Year Book and CSR, please focus on the following chapters.
- Who is who
- What is what
- Science scan
- Human body
- Landmarks of history
- The Universe
Finally, OMETs for SNAP are perhaps the best source for preparation. They comes very close to the actual SNAP entrance exam paper and one should give maximum importance to these question papers.
SNAP test is mandatory for securing admission into the following B-schools affiliated to Symbiosis International University.
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM - Pune)
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR)
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resources Development (SCMHRD)
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB)
- Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM)
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS)
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune (SIMC- Pune)
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM-Nashik)
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT)
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru (SIBM - Bengaluru)
- Symbiosis School of Media & Communication, Bengaluru (SSMC, Bengaluru)
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF) (Formerly Symbiosis School of Banking Management)
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad (SIBM, Hyderabad)
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences (SSSS) - MBA (Sports Sciences )
Some of these B-schools are counted among the best MBA colleges in India. As per our (T.I.M.E.) B-school categorization, SIBM-PUNE and SCMHRD are ranked in the AA category. SIIB and SIBM- Bangalore are ranked in the BBB category; SITM,SIOM,SCIT & SIMS are in the BB category for their respective flagship MBA programs.
You can check the list of best MBA colleges in India using the following link
Note- SNAP test is not required for admission into the Symbiosis distance learning programs. For students planning to pursue MBA in order to enhance their career growth and to secure managerial jobs (through campus placements) it is advisable to prefer the full time MBA programs offered by Symbiosis International University.
For more on this, please check http://snaptest.org/