Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) Test is a common written test for the admission to all the Post-Graduate Institutes of Symbiosis International University. Written test is mandatory for admission into any Post-Graduate programme offered by the constituent institute of Symbiosis International University. However, it is only the first step. In addition, a candidate has to undergo the selection process of the desired Institute to qualify for the admission to the Post-Graduate programme of that Institute.
It is usually conducted in the month of December.
SNAP 2018 is being conducted on December 16, 2018 .The duration of the test will be of two hours i.e. from 2 pm to 4 pm. The test is conducted in computer based format.
Graduate from any recognized / statutory University or Institute with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST). Programmes which require specific discipline/ subject specialisation need to be checked for eligibility as given by the respective Institute.
A candidate who has completed qualifying degree from any Foreign University must obtain an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). All foreign degrees/ qualifications need to be verified from AIU by the candidate before seeking admission to any programme of SIU.
Evaluation Division of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) issues equivalence certificate for foreign degrees/qualifications.
The following is the pattern of SNAP 2018 exam
|Section||Normal Questions||Special Questions||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||30||5||35||40|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||30||5||35||40|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||30||5||35||40|
Mode of Examination - Computer Based.
Test duration - 120 minutes
- Normal Questions carry 1 mark for each question and Special Questions carry 2 marks for each question.
- Each wrong answer attracts 25% negative marks (Both for Normal Questions and for Special Questions).
- The special questions in each section will have blanks where answers will have to be entered by the candidate by using the virtual keyboard.
Graduate from any recognized / statutory University or Institute with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST).A candidate who has completed qualifying degree from any Foreign University must obtain an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). All foreign degrees/ qualifications need to be verified from AIU by the candidate before seeking admission to any programme of SIU.
Shortlisting process - will done on the basis of SNAP performance.
Final selection process :Merit list will be based on the following parameters.
|SNAP Score out of 150 scaled down to 50||Group Exercise (GE)||Personal Interaction (PI)||Writing Ability Test (WAT)||Total|
|1||Online Registration for SNAP commences||August 28, 2018||snaptest.org
|2||SNAP Test Registration closes||November 26, 2018||snaptest.org|
|3||SNAP Test payment closes||November 26, 2018||snaptest.org|
|4||Admit Card||December 01, 2018||snaptest.org|
|5||SNAP Test 2018||December 16 , 2018 Time : 14.00 hrs. to 16.00 hrs.||92 Cities|
|6||SNAP Test Result||2nd week of Jan 2019||snaptest.org|
Application Fee - Rs. 1750
SNAP test is mandatory for securing admission into the following B-schools affiliated to Symbiosis International University.
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM - Pune)
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR)
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resources Development (SCMHRD)
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB)
- Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM)
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS)
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune (SIMC- Pune)
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM-Nashik)
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT)
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru (SIBM - Bengaluru)
- Symbiosis School of Media & Communication, Bengaluru (SSMC, Bengaluru)
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF) (Formerly Symbiosis School of Banking Management)
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad (SIBM, Hyderabad)
- Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences (SSSS) - MBA (Sports Sciences )