The Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA), established in 1979 by the father of white revolution Dr Verghese Kurien, is a pioneering academic institution in rural management education and research.
It is India’s leading school in rural management committed to acting as the catalyst and facilitator of rural prosperity. IRMA educates those inspired to work with organisations serving the rural sector and engaging directly with rural communities.Programmes Offered
- Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management(PGDRM)
- Fellow Program in Rural Management ( Doctoral Program )
PGDRM - Duration- 2 years
Intake- 240 ( Fifteen percent of the approved intake is allocated for admission to Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries and Sons & Daughters of Non Resident Indian ).
Fees- The total programme cost over the period of two years (inclusive of boarding, lodging, and field expenditure) is estimated to be about Rs 10.1 lakhs/-
A graduate from any discipline, with a minimum of 15 years (10+2+3) of education, having 50 per cent (45 per cent for SC/ST/DAP (Differently Abled Person)) aggregate marks at the graduation level can apply for admission.
IRMA will use CAT 2017 / XAT 2018 scores for admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management 2018 - 20 (PGDRM 2018 - 20) . All applicants have to additionally appear for IRMASAT test.Date of IRMASAT- February 4, 2018 ( Sunday )
Exam Format- Computer based
- Duration - 80 min
- Number of questions- 40
- Negative marking- Yes, ¼ th mark allotted to that question
- Application Fee ( Online registration )- 700 Rs for SC/ST/DA applicants and 1400 for others.
- You can go through last year’s IRMASAT test analysis here.
IRMA admission process:
- CAT | 2017 or XAT | 2018
Stage 2: February 4, 2018 | 3:00 pm 28 centers
- IRMASAT | 2018
Stage 3: Feb. 26 –Mar. 10, 2018
- Group Activity & Personal Interview - For shortlisted applicants on the basis of aggregated Stage I and Stage II scores.
Result Announcement: March 15, 2018
- CAT/XAT: 40%
- IRMASAT: 10%
- Last date for receipt of completed applications in hard copy for Indian Nationals - Dec 31, 2017
- Last date for receipt of completed applications online for Indian Nationals - December 31, 2017
- Last date for receipt of completed applications for Foreign Nationals and NRI - March 31, 2018
- IRMA’s online Admissions Test - “IRMASAT” for Indian Nationals - February 04, 2018
- Intimation for Group Activity and Personal Interview to Indian Nationals - February 12, 2018
- Group Activity and Personal Interview for Indian Nationals - February 26 to March 10, 2018
- Announcement of final results (for Indian Nationals) - March 15, 2018
- Last date for submitting acceptance form with initial fee (online) of Rs. 25,000/- - March 22, 2018
- Last date to deposit the first year fee (online) - April 15, 2018
- Telephonic Personal Interview (TPI) for Foreign Nationals and NRI - April 23 to 27, 2018
- Announcement of final results (for Foreign Nationals) - May 1, 2018
- Classes on Bridge Courses - May 28 to June 02, 2018
- Induction Programme - June 04 to June 17, 2018
- Beginning of First Term - June 18, 2018