Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test (APICET) is conducted for the admission into M.B.A. and M.C.A. courses (full time/part-time/evening/distance mode) offered by the following Universities in the State of Andhra Pradesh including their affiliated colleges. APICET 2018 was conducted in the online mode by Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati.
Universities in AP:
- Andhra University
- Visakhapatnam Acharya Nagarjuna University
- Guntur Adikavi Nannayya University
- Rajahmundry Dr.B.R.Ambedkar University
- Srikakulam Dravidian University
- Kuppam Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University
- Anantapur Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University
- Kakinada Krishna University
- Machilipatnam Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies
- Rayalaseema University
- Kurnool Sri Krishnadevaraya University
- Ananthapuram Sri Padmavathi Mahila University
- Tirupati Sri Venkateswara University
- Tirupati Vikrama Simhapuri University
- Nellore Yogi Vemana University Kadapa
- Date of Commencement of Submission of Online Applications : 16-03-2018
- Last date for Submission of Online Applications without Late Fee : 14-04-2018
- Last date for submission of online applications with late fee of Rs. 2000/-(+ Rs.550/- Registration Fee). : 24.04.2018
- Start of Downloading of APICET-2018 Hall Tickets: 25-04-2018 on wards
- APICET-2018 Examination : 02-05-2018, in two sessions- 10.00 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. & 2.00 p.m. to 4.30 p.m.
- Announcement of Preliminary Key : 04-05-2018
- Last Date for Submission of Objections on Preliminary Key: 06-05-2018
- Announcement of Final Key and Test Entrance Results: 12-05-2018
Eligibility and Qualifying marks:
MBA - Degree of 3 years duration from any recognized University or its equivalent with Mathematics as one of the subjects at 10th class level.
- MCA - Degree of 3 years duration with “Mathematics” as one of the subject at Intermediate or Degree level.
- MCA - 2nd YEAR DIRECT (lateral entry)- BCA or Degree holders in IT/CS with Mathematics at 10+2 or Degree level.
- Candidate with aggregate marks of 50% (45% in case of reserved categories) are alone are eligible to take admission through APICET as per the latest AICTE Approval Process Handbook 2018-19
Note: (Candidate who passed all the subjects of the three years of any Degree course in one sitting is not eligible for admission into MBA or MCA Course
The candidates who have secured 25% qualifying marks in APICET [ 50 out of 200 ] and candidates belonging to the category of SC and ST to whom qualifying marks have not been prescribed, shall be assigned the rank in the order of the merit on the basis of marks obtained in ICET.
Applying for APICET-2018:
The candidates who satisfy eligibility criteria stated above can apply for APICET-2018 through an online application in the web site www.sche.ap.gov.in/icet
The test consists of 200 questions of one mark each. This is an objective type test to be conducted in online mode and the questions are of multiple choice. Out of the given options, the candidate has to choose the correct answer. If the Candidate gives more than one answer to any question, such answers will be ignored while awarding marks.
Medium of Test: English only for Section-C and English & Telugu for Section-A & Section-B.
Section-A: Analytical Ability
- Data Sufficiency - 20 questions
- Problem Solving - 55 questions
Section-B: Mathematical Ability
- Arithmetical Ability - 35 questions
- Algebraical and Geometrical Ability- 30 questions
- Statistical Ability- 10 questions
Section-C: Communication Ability
- Vocabulary -10 questions
- Business and Computer Terminology -10 questions
- Functional Grammar- 15 questions
- Reading Comprehension- 15 questions
Candidates will be given State-wide ranks in the order of merit. For the preparation of merit list, in case more than one student scores the same ranks at APICET, the tie will be resolved as follows:
- By considering the marks scored in Section-A
- If the tie persists, marks obtained by a student in Section-B will be taken into consideration.
- If the tie still persists, the tie will be resolved by taking into account the age of the candidate giving the older candidate Priority.
Rank obtained in APICET - 2018 is valid for admission into MBA Course (Full Time / Part Time / Evening / Distance Mode) of all universities in Telangana State for the academic year 2018-2018 only
Regional test centres* under AP-ICET
|ANANTAPUR||ANANTAPUR, GOOTY, HINDUPUR|
|CHITTOOR||CHITTOOR , MADANAPALLE , PUTTUR , TIRUPATI|
|EAST GODAVARI||KAKINADA , RAJAHMUNDRY , SURAMPALEM|
|GUNTUR||BAPATLA , GUNTUR , NARASARAOPETA|
|HYDERABAD||L B NAGAR|
|KRISHNA||GUDLAVALLERU , KANCHIKACHERLA , MYLAVARAM, VIJAYAWADA, MACHILIPATNAM|
|PRAKASAM||CHIRALA, MARKAPURAM, ONGOLE|
|SRI POTTI SRI RAMULU NELLORE||GUDUR, KAVALI, NELLORE|
|SRIKAKULAM||RAJAM, SRIKAKULAM, TEKKALI|
|WEST GODAVARI||BHIMAVARAM, ELURU, NARASAPURAM, TADEPALLIGUDEM|
|YSR KADAPA||KADAPA, PRODDATUR, RAJAMPETA|