MAH MBA/MMS CET
Government of Maharashtra has established a State Common Entrance Test Cell (CET CELL). "Commissioner, State CET Cell' is the Competent Authority to conduct the on-line MAH-MBA/MMS CET for admission to various MBA colleges in Maharashtra.MAH-MBA/MMA-CET-2017 was conducted on 4th and 5th March, 2017. The CET is conducted for the admission to first year of two year full time post graduate degree courses in Management namely Master of Business Administration (MBA)/ Master of Management Studies (MMS).
The institutes which qualify for the admission process as per these rules are:
- Approved by the Government of Maharashtra.
- Recognized by the Government of Maharashtra.
- Affiliated to any one of the Non Agricultural Universities in Maharashtra state.
Following are the types of Institutes in the Maharashtra state covered by these rules –
- All Government Management Institutes
- All University Departments of Management
- All University Managed Management Institutes
- All Un-aided Management Education Institutes covered as per the provision in Section 10 of Maharashtra Unaided Private Professional Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions and Fees) Act, 2015.
Eligibility Criteria :
Passed with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of candidates of backward class categories and Persons With Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only) in any Bachelor's degree(minimum 3 years duration)OR
Appeared for the final year examination of any Bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years duration.
|Schedule of activities for MAH-MBA/MMS-CET 2017|
|1||On line Registration for MAH-MBA/MMS-CET 2017||21/01/17||13/02/17|
|2||Issue of Hall ticket||23/02/17 onwards|
|3||Last date for printing of application||28/02/17|
|4||Date of the Online MAH-MBA/MMS-CET 2017||04/3/2017 & 05/3/2017|
|5||Declaration of the result of the MAH-MBA/MMS-CET 2017||10/03/2017|
Pattern of CET :
- MAH-MBA/MMS-CET 2017 was conducted in the ONLINE mode. Using standardized equi-percentile method, scores across sessions will be normalized.
- Multiple choice objective type questions with five answer choices
- Areas to be tested - Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude and Logical / Abstract Reasoning.
- 200 questions to be answered in one hundred and fifty minutes.
- The test consists of Quantitative Aptitude, Test of Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, and Test of Logical and Abstract Reasoning.
- Each question has five answer choices. There are no negative marks for wrong answers.
About MAH MBA/MMS CET 2017
- Logical / Abstract Reasoning This would include the questions to measures how quickly and accurately a candidate can think. This test may have questions based on figures and diagrams and also questions on verbal reasoning.
- Quantitative Aptitude This would include the questions to know how fast and accurate a candidate can work with numbers, do numerical calculations understand various arithmetic problems involving ratio and proportion, percentage, etc. This test also helps to measure his/her power of quantitative reasoning, interpretation of tables, common graphs and charts.
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension This section would include passages with questions based on their contents to test a candidate's comprehension. His English Language ability would be tested through questions on grammar, vocabulary, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, comprehension of passages etc. An aspirant's English language ability would be tested through questions on (1) understanding of the contents of the passage and (2) choice of appropriate words, phrases, expressions and similar language skills.
|Sr||Topic||No of Questions||Marks per question||Maximum Marks||Total Marks|
|4||Verbal Ability/ Reading Comprehension||50||1||50|
Each question has five answer choices. There are no negative marks for wrong answers.
Click here for the analysis of the previous years' MAH MBA/MMS CET papers
Some of the popular colleges that take candidates for their MBA courses through MAH-MBA/MMS-CET are:
- Jamanalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies,Mumbai.
- Sydenham Institute of Management Studies&Research & Entrepreneurship Education(SIMSREE), Mumbai.
- Somaiya Institute of Management Studies&Research, Mumbai.
- Prin. L. N Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai.
- Department of Management Sciences (PUMBA), University of Pune.
- Department of Management Studies, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon Department of Commerce & Management, Shivaji University, Kolhapur.
- Study material: Every year, T.I.M.E. revises its study material and guides its students to take the right approach to succeed in the Exam. The Research and Development team at T.I.M.E which has top class faculty members with more than 20 years of experience prepares the study material. The study material consists of the following:
- Study Material Booklets:In these booklets the basic concepts of each topic of the subject are given with examples. These are followed by exercises.
- Handouts:The handouts are discussed in the classroom to impart the basic knowledge of the subject to the students.
- Test papers:The test papers are prepared with questions covering all the basic concepts. Tests are provided both in paper based and online mode. Paper based tests are conducted in the classroom, while the online tests can be taken at home. The tests are useful to the students for practice
- Mock Test Papers:The Mock test papers consist of questions from all the test areas. These tests are prepared to give the students the real feel of the exam.
- Classroom coaching: The classroom coaching has three modules – Basic Module, Individual Test Papers, workshops and full length Mock Test Papers.
- Basic Module: In this module, the basic concepts are taught to the students. The classes are designed such that the teaching of the concepts progresses from the absolute basic level to the level of MAH-CET.
- Individual Test Papers: Once the basic concepts are taught, individual test papers are conducted at the end of each chapter/topic. The tests are followed by the discussions on the paper in the classroom. These sessions help to reinforce the concepts that have already been discussed.
- Workshops: Workshops help students pay more attention to the recent models of questions and revision of basic concepts once again.
- Full Length Mock Papers: These tests are conducted on the completion of the entire syllabus. The test papers are followed by discussions with the faculty members. Various strategies and methods of successfully approaching the exam are discussed.