TANCET is a popular examination for all the candidates in Tamil Nadu who want to pursue MBA / MCA and other Professional Courses (like M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch , etc) at Post Graduation level. It is conducted by Anna University, Chennai on behalf of Government of Tamil Nadu.
TANCET 2017 MBA was conducted on 25th March,2017 2.30 pm and 4.30 pm.
A pass in a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration and obtained at least 50 % (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examination.(a) 10+2+3 years pattern (or)
(b) 10+3 years Diploma +3 years pattern (or)
(c) B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch./B.Pharm. (or)
(d) (i) 10+2+AMIE* (or)
(ii) 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE.*
- Candidates appearing for the final semester / year of examination of the said qualifying degree course except courses offered by Professional Institution’s (like AMIE) during April/May 2017 may also apply for TANCET 2017.
- Candidates of other states can also apply for the entrance test, but the eligibility conditions will be stipulated by the admitting authority / university.
Online registration starts –29/01/2017
On line registration ends – 20/02/2017
TANCET 2016 MBA exam – 25/03/2017, 2.30-4.30 pm
TANCET 2017 Paper Pattern:
100 questions, 100 marks, 2 hrs duration
4 answer choices
Correct answer – 1 mark, Incorrect answer - -1/3 mark
Multiple shading is considered wrong and 1/3 rd mark is deducted
TANCET MBA test paper contains five sections viz. Analysis of Business Situations, Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Ability, Data Sufficiency and English Grammar & Usage .In TANCET MBA the number of questions per section is not fixed, but usually till now 20 questions per section were being given.
Syllabi for the exam - M.B.A
Part 1 : Analysis of Business Situations – where one has to examine the data related to business decisions critically, from given typical business situations.
Part 2 : Reading Comprehension - answering questions based on passages in the comprehension.
Part 3 : Quantitative Aptitude - solving mathematical problems of graduate level including those learnt in plus two or equivalent level.
Part 4 : Data Sufficiency - answering certain questions using the given data and one's knowledge of mathematics as well as use of day-to-day facts.
Part 5 : English Grammar - testing knowledge of written English with questions on errors in usage, grammar, punctuation and the like.
- The total duration of each course is 150+ hours.
- Every year, T.I.M.E. analyses the TANCET paper, revises its study material and guides its students to take the right approach to succeed in the Exam.
- The Study material consists of separate booklets on Quantitative Ability, Reading Comprehension, Data Sufficiency, Logical Reasoning and English Grammar. The classroom coaching essentially starts with the basics of every topic followed by discussion of the exercises in the Study Material. Students are given time to prepare and then unit tests are conducted.
- T.I.M.E. conducts 10 All Tamilnadu Mock TANCET exams in order to give our students the real feel of the exam. State level Ranking is provided to gauge the performance of a student in the state.