TISS conducts its own online entrance exam called TISS NET for the admission to its Full-Time (Regular) Post-Graduate Degree Programmes (M.A., M. Sc., M.H.A., M.P.H.) offered from Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, Hyderabad campuses and other locations.
TISSNET 2018 will be held on January 6, 2018 from 2 pm to 3.40 pm in 39 centres in different parts of the country.
GD/PI was held in the month of March and the final selection result will be declared in the month of April.
The test has 3 sections: Math and Logical reasoning, English Proficiency and General Awareness. The number of questions and marks were as follows:
|Section||No of Qs||Total Marks|
|Maths and Logical Reasoning||30||30|
No negative marking
The detailed analysis of TISS NET exam through the years can be obtained here:Click Here for the subject wise list of topics found in TISSNET 2018
- Candidates having a bachelor's degree with minimum of 3 years duration or its equivalent (under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 year bridge course pattern of study or any other pattern fulfilling the mandatory requirements of 15 years formal education) from a recognized university are eligible to apply
- At the time of applying candidates studying in 3 year degree programme should have passed in all the subjects for the 1st to 4th semesters and candidates studying in 4 year degree programmes should have passed in all the subjects for 1st to 6th semester.
- Only those candidates who will be able to complete all the requirements of their final year bachelor's degree examinations by June 02, 2018 are eligible to apply to all the programmes.
Till the time the candidate submit results of the final year degree examination, admission to any of the Master's Degree Programmes of the Institute will be provisional. The results of the final examination have to be submitted before September 30, 2018. Those who fail to do so the provisional admission stands cancelled.
Programme specific eligibility criteria can be checked here.
Short-listing of candidates for the second round of selection (PIT and PI) will be based on the merit list of TISS NET.
Minimum qualifying marks for written test is 35% (for SC/ST) and 45% (for others). However, scoring mere qualifying marks in the written test does not guarantee a seat for a programme. Admission is based on Merit List.
Only short-listed candidates will receive call letters for the second round (PIT and PI) to be held in Mumbai, Hyderabad and Guwahati. The Pre-Interview Test consists of a Written Test.
The process comprises the following stages:
- Written test
- Pre-Interview Test (could be GD or Essay)
- Personal Interview
The written test is for 100 marks, the pre-interview test for 50 marks and the personal interview is allotted another 75 marks.
Merit List preparation:
- The weightage for NET, PIT and PI is as follows for the for the preparation of final merit lists for General as well as for Reserved Category candidates. NET – 40% ; PIT – 30% ; PI – 30%.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of merit and the preferences indicated by the candidates at the time of filling up the online application form
|I||Announcement of Admissions||October 24, 2017 (Tuesday)|
|II||Last Date for Online form APPLICATION / REGISTRATION for All Master's programmes||December 8 , 2017 (Saturday)|
|III||Last Date for receipt of application form by post||November 27,2017 (Monday)|
|IV||Issue of Admit Cards (Online )||December 18-19, 2017 Monday-Tuesday|
|VI||National Entrance Test (Computer Based) at Different Centres||January 06, 2018 (Saturday)|
|VII||Announcement of TISS-NET results Candidates who appeared for the national entrance test will have to visit the TISS website and login to download your score card.||January 27, 2018 at 8:00pm (Friday)|
|VIII||Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview at TISS for programmes offered at Mumbai, Tuljapur, Hyderabad, Guwahati and BALM, Chennai Campuses.||March 03 To March 11, 2018 (Mumbai and BALM, Chennai)||March 13 To March 17, 2018||March 20 To March 23, 2018||March 26 To March 29, 2018|
|IX||Announcement of Selection on TISS website for all the Programmes||April 27, 2018 (Friday)|