IOCL Recruitment for Engineers through GATE 2015
About IOCL - Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) is a transnational energy major and the highest ranked Indian company in the Fortune’s prestigious Global 500 list. Through last five decades of relentless service to the nation, we have emerged as the largest business enterprise in India with a turnover of Rs. 4.57 lakh crore (US$ 75.67 billion).
We operate one of the Asia’s largest networks of refineries, pipelines and marketing and petrochemicals business. Empowered with ‘Maharatna’ status, we are nurturing our vision to emerge as ‘Energy of India’.
Engineering Disciplines For Officers/ Engineers
- Chemical Engineering (including Petrochemicals/ Polymer Engineering but excluding Oil/ Paint Technology/ Surfactant Technology/ Ceramics
Engineering etc) , Civil Engineering (excluding Construction/ Environmental/ Transportation etc.) , Computer Science & Information Technology ( excluding information & communications Technology), Electrical Engineering ( including Electrical & Electronics engineering but excluding Electrical & Communication/ Telecommunication engineering etc.) , Instrumentation Engineering (Including Electronics & Instrumentation engineering but excluding Electronics & Communication engineering/ Telecommunication engineering etc.) , Mechanical Engineering (excluding Automation/ Automobile/ Industrial/
Manufacturing/ Power/ Production Engineering etc.) , Metallurgical Engineering , Electronics & Communications Engineering (including Electronics Engineering / Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering but excluding Electrical & Electronics Engineering), Mining Engineering.
The eligibility criteria regarding prescribed educational qualification, age and other eligibility criteria and application procedure is mentioned below :
Educational Qualification :
- Minimum educational qualification for employment in both the above mentioned positions ie. Officers/ Engineers
- Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded bachelor’s degree in engineering/ technology in the above mentioned disciplines (full time regular courses only) from recognized Indian Universities / Institutes.
- Candidates, belonging to General and OBC (non- creamy layer) categories, should have secured minimum 65% marks in qualifying degree examinations.
- Qualifying marks is relaxed to 55% for Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST) /People with Disability (PWD) candidates.
- Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply. However, if selected, they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 31st August, 2015
- Candidates pursuing/ completed M.Tech in any disciplines, other than mentioned above, for being eligible, must have completed (or are completing) BE/ B.Tech in one of the above mentioned disciplines and should appear in GATE-2015 examination in the discipline of their BE/ B.Tech, are eligible to apply.
If a candidate has completed (or is pursuing) his M.Tech in Power Systems and if he has done his B. Tech in Electrical Engineering (which is one of the core disciplines advertised by Indian Oil), he will be eligible, only if he appears in GATE-2015 examination in Electrical Engineering and has a valid score in GATE - 2015. On the contrary, if the same candidate had done his BE/B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering, he will not be eligible.
- Integrated ME/ M.Tech candidates will be eligible, if they have already completed (or are completing) the course requirement for awarding BE/ B.Tech in one of the core disciplines advertised above and have completed (or are completing ME/ M.Tech by August, 2015). At the end of the programme, if selected in Indian Oil, such candidates must have both BE/B.Tech and ME/M.Tech degree.
- Candidates completed / are pursuing their graduation (BE/B.Tech) in combined/ integrated disciplines/ inter-disciplinary subjects like Mechatronics / Robotics etc will not be eligible.
Age Limit : Maximum 26 years as on 30th June 2015.
Age relaxation for OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PWD candidates will be applicable as per the Presidential Directive.
Please note that only GATE-2015 score is valid for this recruitment exercise in Indian Oil under this advertisement. GATE score of 2014 or scores prior any previous GATE examination is not valid.
How to apply :
Eligible candidates must required to apply GATE - 2015 examination in the concerned disciplines. On downloading the GATE - 2015 admit card and receipt of GATE - 2015 registration number, the candidates may apply to Indian Oil official website from 17th December,2014 to 21st February,2015.
Important Dates :
Opening of GATE 2015 Online Application - 1st Sep 2014
Last Date of submission of GATE 2015 Online Application - 1st October 2014
Availability of Admit Card on the GOAPS website for printing - 17th Dec 2014
GATE 2015 Online Examination - 31st Jan 2015 to 21st Feb 2015
Start date for submitting application to IOCL - 17th Dec 2014
Last date of receiving ONLINE application by IOCL - 21st Feb 2015
Source : Click here for IOCL Recruitment for Engineers through GATE 2015 Notification