JEE (Advanced) 2019 exam date has been shifted to 27th May, 2019 (Monday) as the previously announced date of exam falls in the range of dates of General Elections 2019 - final phase. The official website of JEE Advanced has announced that the examination will be held in India and abroad on the same date - 27th May, 2019 (Monday) as per earlier planned timings: Paper 1 (09:00 to 12:00 IST) and Paper 2 (14:00 to 17:00 IST).
JEE Advanced (2019) examination will be conducted in fully computer based mode.
Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are institutions of national importance established through Acts of Parliament for fostering excellence in education. At present, there are twenty-three IITs across the country.
Admission into various undergraduate programmes leading to a Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s or Bachelor-Master Dual Degree in Engineering, Sciences, Architecture, or Pharmaceutics across IITs is through the Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced). JEE (Advanced) will be conducted by the seven Zonal Coordinating (ZC) IITs under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB).
Indian nationals (including PIO/OCI) who wish to appear in JEE (Advanced) must write Paper-1 of JEE (Main) which will be usually held in the month of April and meet stipulated performance criteria. JEE Main is conducted by CBSE.
Apart from IITs, other centrally funded institutes have used JEE (Advanced) ranks in the past. These include:
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc)
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) located in Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Rae Bareli
- Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy, Visakhapatnam
News Alert! The National Testing Agency (NTA) will be responsible for the conduct of JEE Main and NEET examinations from 2019 onwards. As per the decisions given out by the NTA, JEE Main 2019 and NEET 2019 will be conducted twice a year and only in the online mode.
The schedule as published is given below:
- Jan 2019 exam (JEE Main)
- Online Applications - 01-Sep to 30-Sep 2018
- Examination - 2 sessions of eight days between 06-Jan to 20-Jan 2019
- Results out by first week of Feb 2019.
- April 2019 exam (JEE Main)
- Online Applications - Second week of Feb 2019 onwards
- Examination - 2 sessions of eight days between 07-Apr to 21-Apr 2019
- Results out by first week of May 2019.