Admissions to all seats of MBBS/BDS courses will be done through NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG), 2018. NEET 2018 is scheduled to be held on 06th May, 2018.
The seats are classified in the following categories:-
- All India Quota Seats
- State Government Quota Seats
- Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities
- State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private University
- Central Pool Quota Seats
- The responsibility of CBSE is limited to the conduct of the entrance test, declaration of result and providing All India Rank to the Directorate General of Health Services, New Delhi. The Counselling for successful candidates under 15% All India Quota seats is conducted by the MCC/DGHS. The counselling for admission in seats under the control of other States/Universities/Institutions will be conducted as per the notifications issued separately by the authorities concerned.
- From NEET 2017, Aadhaar cards have been made mandatory for filling up the online application forms. In order to facilitate such candidates who are not having Aadhaar, the CBSE has specially set up facilitation centres in each city of examination for the purpose of Aadhaar enrolment.
- These candidates who have enrolled for Aadhaar and have not received Aadhaar should enter 14 digits Aadhaar Enrolment ID (including slash) printed on the Aadhaar enrolment slip at the time of filling online application form for NEET (UG)-2018.
- In case Aadhaar enrolment facility is not available at the facilitation centres, the candidates should submit a request for Aadhaar enrolment. The facilitation centre will issue a registration number to such candidates. This registration number should be entered by the candidates at the time of filling online application form for NEET (UG)-2018.
- The above provisions shall be applicable in all states except J&K, Assam & Meghalaya.
- The candidates who have passed or appearing in Class XII examination from the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya (if not having Aadhaar Card) need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided they should select the city of examination in these states only.
- NRI candidates in case they do not have Aadhaar card, need to enter the passport number.
- Foreign Nationals, Oversees Citizen of India (OCI’s) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s) need to enter the passport number.