The most awaited notification is out !!
IBPS has released the notification for the seventh PO/MT CWE (CWE PO/MT -VII) for recruitment of PO/MTs (GBO) in 20 Public Sector Banks. Tentative number of PO posts is 3562, as against 8822 which were announced last year.
IBPS has made some changes in the scheme of Main Examination. The following points are worth noting.
- There is a change in number of questions, maximum marks allotted and duration of all the test areas(sections) of the exam when compared to that of IBPS PO VI.
- Duration of Main Exam is increased to 180 minutes from 140 minutes.
- No of questions reduced from 200 to 155
- Descriptive writing is introduced in Main Exam
In a nut shell, with out beating around the bush, the new patter of IBPS PO 2017 Main exam (Objective Type) is exactly the same as that of SBI PO 2017 Main Exam.
MARKS OBTAINED ONLY IN THE MAIN EXAMINATION WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORT LISTING FOR INTERVIEW AND ALSO FOR FINAL MERIT LIST.
- Dates of Online Preliminary Examination - 07.10.2017, 08.10.2017, 14.10.2017, 15.10.2017
- Dates of Online Main Examination - 26.11.2017
- Online registration window & online payment of fee - 16.08.2017 to 05.09.2017
- Download of Call letter for Prelim - Sep 2017
Other dates :
- Declaration of result of Preliminary Examination - Oct 2017
- Declaration of result of Main Examination - Dec 2017
- Conduct of Interview - January / Feb 2018
- Allotment - April 2018
(a) Age(As on 01-08-2017) - Min 20 years and Max 30 Years (Relaxation for reserved categories as per rules)
(b) Min educational qualification (As on 05-09-2017)- Degree with in any discipline from a recognized University.
Structure of Examination (ONLINE):
(a) Pattern of Exam:
S.No Name of Tests No. of Qs Max Marks Duration 1 English Language 30 30 1 hour 2 Quantitative Aptitude 35 35 3 Reasoning Ability 35 35 TOTAL 100 100
IBPS PO 2017 Main Exam Name of the Test No of Q's Max Marks Duration Reasoning & Computer Aptitude 45 60 60 Min English Language 35 40 40 Min Data Analysis & Interpretation 35 60 45 Min General / Economy / Banking Awareness 40 40 35 Min Total 155 200 180 Min English Language (Letter Writing & Essay) 2 25 30 Min
(b) Interview: Candidates who have been short listed in Main Examination will subsequently be called for an Interview to be conducted by the Participating Organisations. Interviews will be conducted at select centres. The centre, address of the venue, time & date of Interview will be informed to the short listed candidates in the call letter. Candidates are required to download their interview call letters www.ibps.in
(c) Interview Marks : The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks in interview is 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates). The weightage (ratio) of CWE ( Main Exam) and interview will be 80:20.
How to apply:
Candidates can apply online only from 16.08.2017 to 05.09.2017 and no other mode of application will be accepted. The fee can be paid in ONLINE mode or OFFLINE mode
Application fees / Intimation charges:
(a) Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
(b) Rs. 600 /- for all others