RBI has announced 623 Assistant posts. Selection for the post will be through a country-wide competitive examination in two phases i.e. Preliminary and Main examination followed by a Language Proficiency Test (LPT).
(A) Important Dates :
- Website Link Open & Payment of Examination Fees Online - 18.10.2017 to 10.11.2017
- Schedule of Online Preliminary Test (Tentative) : November 27 & 28, 2017
- Schedule of Online Main Test (Tentative) : December 20, 2017
(B) Pay Scale :
At present, initial monthly Gross emoluments for Assistants is approximately ₹ 32528/-
(C) Eligibility Criteria ( As on 01.10.2017):
(a) Age : Between 20 and 28 years
(b) Educational Qualifications :
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in aggregate. Knowledge of word processing.
- Candidates applying for post in a particular state should be proficient in the language of the state i.e. know to read, write, speak and understand the language
(D) Scheme of Selection :
a. Preliminary examination
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests (Objective)||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|1||English Language||30||30||1 Hour|
b. Main examination
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests (Objective)||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Test of Reasoning||40||40||30 minutes|
|2||Test of English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|3||Test of Numerical Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
|4||Test of General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|5||Test of Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
- Language Proficiency Test (LPT) - The candidates provisionally selected from the main on-line examination will have to undergo a language proficiency test (LPT). The language proficiency test will be conducted in the Official / Local Language of the State concerned (Annex-IV). Candidate not proficient in the Official/Local Language would be disqualified.
- There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests (Preliminary and Main examination).1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests of the online examinations.
|State wise vacancies announced by RBI|
|11||Kanpur & Lucknow||9||1||12||22||44|
|17||Thiruvananthapuram & Kochi||2||0||4||7||13|
- The vacancies in brackets() indicate backlog
- The above vacancies include vacancies for PWD and EXS. Reservation for PWD/ EXS is horizontal reservation and included in the vacancies of various categories. PWD candidates applying for Offices where vacancies are not reserved for them will be eligible for upper age limit as available to PWD candidates.
- Candidates belonging to OBC category but coming in the ‘Creamy Layer’ are not entitled to OBC reservation. They should indicate their category as ‘General (GEN)’.
(E) Application Fee :
- Rs. 50/- for SC/ST/PWD/EXS
- Rs. 450 /- for OBC/General candidates
(F) Helpline: In case of any problem in filling up the form, payment of fee or receipt of call letter, queries may be made at candidate grievance Redressal cell http://cgrs.ibps.in/ Candidates should mention ‘RBI Assistant Examination- 2017’ in the subject box of the email.