The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT), is an all India entrance examination, conducted on rotation by 18 National Law Universities (NLUs) for admissions to their Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate degree programmes.
CLAT 2018 will be conducted on May 13th 2018 by National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi. CLAT 2017 was conducted by Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU).
Tentative Schedule of CLAT 2018:
- Starting date for submission of online application form - January 2018
- Last date for submission of filled-in online application form – last week of March 2018
- Download of Admit Cards/Hall Tickets - From 3rd week of April 2018
- Date of CLAT 2018 Online examination- 13th May 2018
- Declaration of results, i.e., issue of Merit List (Category-wise) – last week of May 2018
- The candidate for CLAT shall have passed the Higher Secondary Certificate examination (10+2) or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto with at least 45 % marks.
- SC/ST candidates - Exemption upto 5% from the requirement of the minimum of 45%
- Students who are appearing for the qualifying examination are allowed to appear for CLAT. However, they should submit the results of the qualifying examination at the time of admission. If they do not do so, the candidates shall be considered ineligible.
Pattern of CLAT 2017:
- Maximum Marks : 200
- Total Number of Questions : 200
- Duration of the test : 120 minutes
- English including Comprehension
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- (Numerical Ability)
- Legal Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning