SBI has announced 8300+ Junior Associate Vacancies in Clerical Cadre ( Regular vacancies - 7200, Back log vacancies - 1101) The exact dates of Prelim Exam are not mentioned in the notification.
Some changes which are worth noting are :
- Section wise time limit introduced for Preliminary Examination.
- Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by bank ( 10 times the number of vacancies) will be short listed for Main Exam, from the list of all candidates arranged in descending order of aggregate marks scored.
- Prelim Exam : No minimum qualifying marks for individual subjects as well as for aggregate ( over all) are prescribed
- Main Exam : No minimum qualifying marks for individual subjects are prescribed. Minimum percentage marks on aggregate will decided by the Bank
- Wait List : A wait list of upto 50% of vacancies ( state - category wise) will be maintained. Candidates will be released from this wait list on quarterly basis against non-joining and resignation of the current batch only. Wait list is valid for a period of one year from the date of declaration of final result.
Important Dates :
- Online Registration of Application and payment of fee : 20.01.2018 to 10.02.2018
- Dates of Prelim Examination : March / April 2018
- Date of Main Examination : 12.05.2018
- Download of call letter for Prelim Exam : 01.03.2018 on wards
- Download of call letter for Main Exam : 26.03.2018 on wards
Eligibility Criteria :
(a) Age(As on 01-01-2018) - Min 20 years and Max 28 Years (Relaxation for reserved categories as per rules)
(b) Min educational qualification(As on 01.01.2018) : Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by Central Government.
Test of knowledge of official and/or local language: Those who produce 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/certificate evidencing having studied official (local) language will not be subjected to any Language test. In case of others, language test will be conducted before final selection. Candidates not found to be proficient in specified opted local language would be disqualified.
Structure of Examination (ONLINE):
Phase 1 : Preliminary Examination:
S.No Name of Tests No. of Qs Max Marks Duration 1 English Language 30 30 20 Minutes 2 Numerical Ability 35 35 20 Minutes 3 Reasoning Ability 35 35 20 Minutes TOTAL 100 100
Phase – II: Main Examination
S.No Name of Tests No. of Qs Max Marks Duration 1 General / Financial Awareness 50 50 35 Minutes 2 General English 40 40 35 Minutes 3 Quantitative Aptitude 50 50 45 Minutes 4 Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude 50 60 45 Minutes TOTAL 190 200 2 Hours 40 Minutes
There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Probation : Six months. 15 prescribed e-lessons will be required to be completed by new recruits during the probation, for getting confirmed in the bank. Failing which , the probation will be extended till the completion of the same.
How to apply:
Application fees / Intimation charges:
(a) Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PWD/XS candidates.
(b) Rs. 600 /- for General and OBC
Helpline Number: 022-22820427 ( 11 am to 6 pm on working days)