Canara Bank has released notification for admissions to the specially designed One year training course leading to Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) either through Manipal Global Education Services Pvt Ltd., Bengaluru or NITTE Education International Pvt Ltd., Mangaluru, which are recognized by UGC.
The course comprises of 9 months of classroom studies and 3 months internship at Canara Bank’s Branches / Offices.
Selection process consists of online objective test followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview. On successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded with “Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF)” from that institute and the candidates would be offered appointment in the Bank as Probationary Officer in Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
(A) Important dates:
- REGISTRATION WIDOW : From 23.10.2018 to 13.11.2018
- PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEE : From 23.10.2018 to 13.11.2018
- DOWNLOAD OF CALL LETTERS FOR ONLINE EXAMINATION : After 05.12.2018
- DATE OF ONLINE EXAMINATION (Online) : 23.12.2018
(B) Number of PO posts announced: 800
(C) Eligibility Criteria:
- Educational Qualification (as on 01.10.2018) : Graduation from a recognized University/Institution with minimum 60% Marks ( 55% for SC/ST/PC).
- Age (as on 01.10.2018) : 20 - 30 years (Relaxation for reserved categories as per rules)
COMPUTER LITERACY: Operating & working knowledge in computer systems shall be an essential qualification, which a candidate must either possess or acquire within 6 months from the date of joining the Bank.
HINDI KNOWLEDGE: The candidates shall acquire working knowledge in Hindi, if not possessed already, before completion of probationary period
(D) Examination pattern (ONLINE):
Candidates shall be selected by Canara Bank through a selection process consisting of an (open) online test conducted by IBPS followed by Group Discussion and Interview.
|Type||S.No||Subject||No of questions||Max Marks||Total Time|
|Objective Test (Online)||1||Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
All the subjects, except for English language, will be in bilingual mode.
Wrong answers in objective test will attract negative marks for the online test
(E) Course Fee
- M/s Manipal Global Education Services Pvt. Ltd, Bengaluru campus Course Fee - Rs 413000.00
- M/s NITTE Education International Pvt. Ltd., Mangaluru campus Course Fee - Rs 354000.00
(F) Application Fee: Rs 118 for SC/ST/PWD and Rs 708 for others.
(G) PROBATIONARY PERIOD: On successful completion of PGDBF course, candidates joining the Bank as Probationary Officer in JMGS-I will be on probationary period for a period of 1 year from the date of joining the Bank.
(H) LOYALTY BONUS:Bank will reimburse the total course fees to the successful candidates by way of Loyalty Bonus, in a deferred manner in equal annual instalments, starting from the end of 5th year upto the end of 10th year of joining the Bank subject to continuation of service in the Bank.