The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is conducted to test a student's skills that an MBA program or any other graduate management course demands. It is generally done in online format.
Here, a student is tested for his skills in three areas--Quantitative aptitude, Verbal skills and Analytical writing skills. A student's score in all three areas comprises what s/he scores in these three areas of the written test, followed by a group discussion and a personal interview.
Benefits of GMAT
- There are several solid reasons for taking the GMAT test, whether you wish to study further in India or abroad. They include:
- Students desirous of studying business management should definitely appear for the GMAT exam. This exam is also a time-tested assessor of your ability to do well in a business management program.
- By doing this program, you prove your motivation and commitment to succeed in business school.
- This test measures your reasoning ability and critical thinking levels, which are basic to any graduate business program.
- This test also links you with the program best suited to you through customized program recommendations.
- You increase your earning potential and it opens doors of opportunities career-wise. Since this exam is taken by English speaking candidates in all countries of the world, getting a good score in this exam means you stand to get good opportunities in the world out there.
- GMAT scores are valid for five years, giving you a lot of flexibility in pursuing a business program when you're ready. You can appear for this paper at an undergraduate level, work for a few years and then apply for admission to business school using the same scores.
- There isn't any age limit to taking the GMAT, so you can work for as many years as you wish and then study at business school.
- This exam gives you international exposure to study in a multicultural environment. This will help you grow as an individual and make you adjust well to an international community of people.
- Not only does this exam increase the possibility of your studying and working abroad but it also rates the skills and abilities you have and those that you need for higher education abroad.
- It is highly accessible, wherever in the world you may reside, because it has 530 centres all over the world.
- There's no set date for the GMAT exam but you can choose when you want to take it and appear for it.
- Considering that 1900 business schools all over the world accept GMAT scores means that it is respected by respectable institutions worldwide.
- This test is conducted under strict vigil and all care is taken to see that the results of this test are kept safe and secure.
- By studying and preparing for this exam, students learn various life skills, such as:
- Time Management skills: This is an important skill to learn, whether you're a student or a working professional. From the time limit set for each test, you learn to manage your time well and this helps you perform better. It also gives you more confidence to reach your goal. Besides, this is a skill that is easily transferrable not only to your working life but also in your personal life.
- Multiple Skills Acquisition: GMAT encompasses many important subjects, each domain of which is extremely crucial. This has a direct impact on your writing and verbal skills, both of which can get a really good upgrade through your preparation for the exam. A life skill that you can easily acquire is the problem-solving one through the section on quantitative aptitude. Success in this will help you in every aspect of your life.
- Computer Skills Updation: This computer-adaptive test offers you multiple choice answers as options for the given questions. So, if you aren't familiar with commonly-known computer skills, you can now brush up these skills which will also help you in the days to come.
- Lastly, GMAT gives you a really good chance to apply at the best business schools at home and abroad. This makes it an extremely good opportunity for those who believe in sheer luck and for regular plodders.
By putting in effort and time absolutely sincerely, you will surely meet the required standards of respectable business schools. GMAT is the doorway to good opportunities, so plan and prepare for this exam with full seriousness.
Good luck and all the best.