SSC has released the notification for CHSL Examination 2019 (10+2) for recruiting Lower Divisional Clerk / Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant and Data Entry Operators for various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India.
(A) Important Dates :
Tier I (Objective) : 16-03-2020 to 27-03-2020
Tier II (Descriptive): 28-06-2020
Dates for submission of online applications: 03-12-2019 to 10-01-2020
(B) Eligibility ( As on 01.01.2020 :
(i) AGE LIMIT: 18-27 years
(ii) EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS :
For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
(C) Mode of Selection :
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Tier-II Examination on the basis of their performance in the Tier-I Examination. Normalized scores of the candidates will be used to determine merit and for final selection.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Document Verification and Tier-III Examination on the basis of their performance in Tier-I + Tier-II subject to having scored a minimum of 33% marks in Tier-II Examination
- Tier-III Examination i.e. Skill Test/ Typing Test is of qualifying in nature.
- Skill Test in Tier-III for DEOs is mandatory for all the qualified candidates. 17.7 Typing Test in Tier-III for posts other than DEOs is mandatory for all candidates except those who are exempted from appearing in the Typing Test
- There will be separate category-wise cut-offs in Tier-I and subsequent Tiers for different posts i.e. (i) DEO, (ii) DEO Grade 'A' and (iii) LDC/ JSA and PA/ SA.(D)
(D) Scheme of Examination :
Scheme of Examination: The examination will consist of a Computer-based Written Examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Typing Test/Skill Test (Tier-III) Examination.
Tier I Examination :
|Scheme of SSC CHSL 2018 Tier I Examination|
|Test Area||No of Qs||Marks||Time|
|TIER I||General Intelligence||$25.00||50||60 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
|English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer
Tier-II (Descriptive Paper): The Descriptive Paper will be of 100 Marks in ‘Pen and Paper Mode The duration of the paper would be for one hour. The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter / Application writing of approximately 150-200 words. The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 percent. The performance in Tier-II would be included for preparing merit. The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated.
Tier-III Examination: Tier-III of the Examination would be the Skill Test / Typing Test which would be of qualifying nature. The final merit of the successful candidates would be determined on the basis of the total score obtained by them in Tier-I and Tier-II.
(E) Application fee: Rs 100 (Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee)
(F) How to apply: Candidates must apply online through the website
Click here for official notification
Click here to apply: Login/Register.