SSC has released the notification for CGLE 2023.
(A) Important Dates :
Dates for submission of online applications: 03-04-2023 to 03-05-2023
Tentative Schedule of Tier-I (Computer Based Examination) : Jul, 2023
Tentative Schedule of Tier-II (Computer Based Examination) : To be notified later
(B) Vacancies :
There are approx.7500 vacancies. However, firm vacancies will be determined in due course.
(C) Eligibility Criteria :
(i) Educational Qualification ( 01-08-2023):
Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute. Chartered Accountant or Cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics is desirable.
Junior Statistical Officer: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level or Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
Statistical Investigator Grade-II: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects from a recognized University or Institute. The candidates must have studied Statistics as a subject in all the three years or all the 6 semesters of the graduation course.
All other Posts: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent. The candidates who have appeared in their final year of their graduation can also apply, however they must possess Essential qualification on or before the cut-off date i.e.08-10-2022
(ii) Age ( As on 01-08-2023):
18 - 32 Years ( For various posts. Check notification for more details)
(D) Scheme of Exam:
(i) Pattern of Tier -I Examination (Computer Based):
|Part||Subject||No of Qs||Marks||Duration|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50||60 Minutes (80 Minutes for VH candidates)|
- Tier –I of the CGLE will be common for all categories of posts
- Tier I is only qualifying in nature
- There will be a negative marking of 0.5 marks for each wrong answer in Tier-I.
- Tier I has sectional cutoffs - 30% for UR, 25% for OBC/EWS and 20% for SC/ST. Overall cutoffs also need to be cleared.
(ii) Pattern of Tier -II Examination (Computer Based):
Tier-II will include conducting of Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III in separate shift(s)/ day(s).
|Paper||Session||Subject||No. of Qs||Max Marks||Duration|
|Session I (2 Hr 15 Min)||Section I :|
|Module I : Mathematical Abilities||30||60 * 3 = 180||60 Minutes|
|Module II : Reasoning & General Intelligence||30|
|Section II :|
|Module I : English Language & Comprehension||45||70 * 3 = 210||60 Minutes|
|Module II : General Awareness||25|
|Section III :|
|Module I : Computer Knowledge||20||20 * 3 = 60||15 Minutes|
|150 Qs||450 Marks||135 Min|
|Session II (15 Min)||Section III :||One Task||-||15 Minutes|
|Module II : Data Entry Speed Test|
|Statistics||100||100*2 = 200||120 Minutes|
|General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||100*2 = 200||120 Minutes|
- Paper-I of Tier II is compulsory for all the posts.
- It will be mandatory for the candidates to qualify all the sections of Paper-I
- Paper-I will be conducted in two sessions - Session –I & Session-II, on same day
- Paper-II will be for only those candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer.
- Paper-III will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-III i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of overall performance of candidates in Tier-II Examination only.
- There will be negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer in Section-I, Section-II and Module-I of Section-III of Paper-I
and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-II and Paper-III.
(E) Application Fee & Online Application :
(i) Fee payable: Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only). Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), ESM eligible for reservation and Persons with disability (PwD) are exempted from payment of fee.
(ii) Online Application : The process of filling an online application for the examination consists of two parts: I. One Time Registration II. Filling of online Application for the Examination. Refer Annexure III for details.