Asea Brown Boveri (ABB) Limited is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customer to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB group of companies operates in around 120 countries and employs around 145,000 people. ABB Power Technologies serves electric, gas and water utilities as well as industrial and commercial customers, with a broad range of products, systems and services for power transmission, distribution and automation.
ABB Automation Technologies blends a robust product and service portfolio with end-user expertise and global presence to deliver solutions for control, motion, protection, and plant integration across the full range of process and utility industries. ABB India Asea Brown Boveri Limited, India, is a partly owned subsidiary of ABB Asea Brown Boveri Limited, Zurich, Switzerland. ABB India serves utility and industry customers with the complete range of ABB’s offerings. The company has a vast installed base, extensive local manufacturing at 8 units and a countrywide marketing and service presence. As a strategic thrust to standard products business, ABB has a national channel partner network, which ensures geographical reach and penetration of its products and services.
In order to leverage India’s intrinsic technology strengths and the vast pool of highly qualified software professionals, ABB has set up a global R&D Centre in Bangalore, which focuses on Industrial IT development and deployment. It also helps maintain and support a range of software intensive products and acts as a partner for the ABB R&D centers as well as business areas within the group.
- ABB’s vision is to be The Value Creator. Working closely with customers, understanding their business needs and local market conditions. Ensure Customer's success through innovative products, systems, services and complete solutions; combining world-class technologies, proven expertise and strong local insight. In turn, our customer's success is echoed as Value for our stakeholders i.e. shareholders, employees and the communities in which we operate
- Apply "zero tolerance" to ensure strict adherence to local and international laws and regulations, as well as to ABB Group ethical standards.
- Ensure all ABB business transactions are fully and fairly recorded according to the company's accounting principles.
- Ensure continuous training and awareness for employees on how to handle ethical issues, as well as timely advice and guidance.
- Regularly monitor ethical conduct and ensure that accessible systems are in place for employees or others to report potential violations.
- ABB worldwide Chairman: Hubertus von Grünberg
- Managing Director(India): R. Husain
- Asia Pacific & South Asia: Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand & Turkmenistan. Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine & UK The Americas: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, United States, Uruguay & Venezuela. Middle East: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bahrain, Botswana, Cameroon, Congo, Egypt, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, South Africa, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen, Zambia & Zimbabwe
No. of employees
- India : 10,355 Worldwide:145,000
- 1949-Incorporated as Hindustan Electric Company Limited.
Stock exchange listings:
- SWX Swiss Exchange and exchanges in London, Stockholm, Frankfurt and New York.
- Indicators Revenue: $ 40 billion (2011)
- Profit after tax: $ 3.168 billion (2011)
- Power Products, Power Systems, Discrete Automation & Motion, Low Voltage Products, Process Automation Products
- Control systems High Voltage Products (greater than 50 KV) Instrumentation and Analytical Industry solutions Low Voltage Products(lesser than 1KV) Medium Voltage Products( 1 to 50 KV) Motors ,Drives and Power Electronics Robotics Transformers Semiconductors Turbo chargers Utlility Automation Products
Systemsand Industry Solutions Portal
- Automotive, Cement, Chemical Industries, Consumer Industries, Electric Utilities, Foundry, Life Sciences, Marine, Metals, Minerals, Mining, OEM, Oil and Gas, Paper, Petrochemicals, Power Generation, Power Transmission & distribution, Printing, Pulp, Rail Transportation, Refining, Water Utilities
- The company encourages personal initiative and entrepreneurial behavior and seeks to offer challenging and rewarding work environments. Prospective employees can sign up in the relevant link to post their resume and also keep track of their application status. This database is used for filling future openings.
- Industrial IT: It's ABB's commitment to real time integration of automation and information systems across business enterprises. The ABB "plug and produce" architecture sets the stage for real-time interaction across the enterprise value chain - from eBusiness order input, to just-in-time procurement and production, to end product distribution. ABB employs some 25,000 software development and application engineers.
- DOGS (Downhole Optical Gauge System): ABB’s DOGS (Downhole Optical Gauge System) technology goes 2000 meters beneath the ocean’s surface, braving temperatures as high as 200+ degrees Celsius. A job like that requires optimal performance with absolutely no glitches. Thanks to DOGS, this can be a reality.
- The system is made up of a fiber optic sensor which functions as a key element of ABB’s Advanced Downhole Monitoring and Reservoir Control system.
- ABB was voted Europe’s most respected company four times in a row by the Financial Times.
- ABB Limited Khanija Bhavan 2nd Floor, East Wing No. 49, Race Course Rd. Bangalore - 560 001 Phone : 080 22949150