Info for Overseas candidates
International candidates are admitted through direct applications. International candidates are Indian nationals or foreigners with valid passport or travel document residing outside India and not in a position to take the Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management at various centers in India. These candidates are required to have a valid Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score and have an official result reported to the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB). Final selection is based on performance in GMAT, Scholastic Achievement, Work Experience, performance in the Writing Ability Test, and Interview.
To be eligible to apply with a GMAT score, a candidate must have resided abroad for at least 18 months in the preceding three years (January 2015 to December 2017) and should not be / have been in a position to appear for CAT 2017. The GMAT code for IIMB PGP is Q9H-KK-49.
For each applicant in this shortlist, each member of the evaluating committee will go through the applications in detail and in particular will evaluate the academic background and the international experience of the candidates. The evaluating committee member will also assess whether the candidate is likely to gain admission through CAT. Finally each member will recommend in favor of the candidate or recommend rejection. All candidates who have been recommended would be required to appear for a Personal Interview (PI) process, either in person or through a remote video conferencing. The candidates appearing for the PI process in person would be interviewed along with the candidates using the CAT 2017 score, and the same PI process would be followed. Candidates appearing for the PI process through remote video conferencing would be required to take the Written Ability Test (WAT) through email.
The evaluating committee would again assess the overall performance of the candidates and make a final offer. There will be no quota or fixed number of seats for such candidates. There will also be no wait-lists for the same reason.
- A candidate must have at least a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India or abroad. The equivalence of the foreign degree needs to be certified by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
- Copy of the latest GMAT score certificate (GMAT taken before January 6, 2015 is not valid)
- Attested copy of all academic mark-sheets/certificates (Class X, XII & Graduation)
- Copy of all Passport pages having official entries
- Undergraduate degree or higher with a minimum of three years at a university and any major, with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent GPA
- A valid Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score
- Completed Admission application with three letters of reference
- International Candidates refer to candidates resident outside India, whether they are Indian/ foreign nationals.