The following section will help you track events related to MBA admissions on a regular basis. Let us begin with an understanding of the timelines for various events in the process of your securing an admission into the desired B-school.
||Usual Period of declaration
||Jul - Jan
- It is a good practice to go through the Admissions section of the Exams/B-schools that you wish to join. It will give you most pertinent information.
- The notifications are also available on T.I.M.E. website under the link 'Notifications'.
|Last date for application submission
- Though you should not bank on it, many lower-ranked B-schools have a tendency to extend their last dates for application.
- Many B-schools require you to submit answers to a few subjective questions (Statement Of Purpose, Why MBA etc.) along with the application. You should get these answers vetted by your faculty before submitting.
||Sept – Feb
- MICAT is conducted twice a year (in Dec and Feb) while MAT is conducted 4 times a year (Feb, May, Sept, Dec). NMAT is conducted over almost 3 month period and you can write the test a max 3 times within this test window.
- IIFT is conducted in November.XAT and TISSNET are usually conducted in a year (Jan).CAT is conducted during the last quarter of the year.
|GD/Essay and Interviews
- The GWPI processes for some institutes starts immediately after the declaration of results. It is advisable to not wait for the results before you start your GWPI preparation.
|Declaration of final results
||Feb - May
- Most B-schools also have waitlists. The waitlists are announced periodically after the announcement of the results. It may go on till even after the college terms have started.
- As per AICTE norms, any B-school that you have paid a fee to is obliged to return the amount if you wish to cancel your admission. A nominal amount may be deducted towards application handling charges.
- A lot of B-schools allow provisional admission if your college results have not been declared till the date of start of admission. You can check with the admission department of the respective college for details once you have been selected.
|Start of Academic Year
- A few B-schools require students to arrive at the campus one week to one month in advance so as to go through a pre-course module.